Royal Princess

Jerlyn

I really can't speak from experience about those staterooms, however we were recently in a Deluxe Balcony on the Royal (C620) and the balconies appear to be the same size on the ship's deck plan. C736 and C737 are in a slightly higher category and have slightly more square footage but it looks like the additional square footage is in the stateroom and not on the balcony.

There have been many complaints about the balcony size on the Royal so I was expecting to have to sit sideways with my legs scrunched up under the chair. We are normal size people (DH 6'2" and I am 5'7") and we had no issues with the balcony size. We were able to sit facing straight forward with a small table in between us with no problem. It is smaller than what we have become used to on Princess but it was perfectly useable for our needs. Now, if you had more than two people to a room or wanted to entertain guests it would have been a problem but we found it to be adequate for sitting outside to enjoy a cocktail.

• 9 months later...