Thoughts on booking one of the last Legend Cruises

Sunprince

We have been thinking about booking the March 15 Legend cruise. I believe it is the last Caribbean cruise for Legend before it heads translatlantic before being handed over to Windstar. The timing and itinerary works well as we only have 1 week in March (and need it to be a Sunday cruise departure).

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the Legend and/or this itinerary. We are new to Seabourn and a bit apprehensive about sailing on the Legend so close to its departure from the Seabourn fleet.

Many thanks

Sunprince

We are cruising on the Legend Feb. 1 to Feb 15 in the Caribbean to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The Legend was our very first cruise with Seabourn back in 2002. I encourage you to go for it before these wonderful small ships are gone. We love the new ships but the little sisters will always be our favorites. If you would like an onboard credit of $400, we have a referral coupon. Email-carolynmhofe@aol.com

We have been thinking about booking the March 15 Legend cruise. I believe it is the last Caribbean cruise for Legend before it heads translatlantic before being handed over to Windstar. The timing and itinerary works well as we only have 1 week in March (and need it to be a Sunday cruise departure).

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the Legend and/or this itinerary. We are new to Seabourn and a bit apprehensive about sailing on the Legend so close to its departure from the Seabourn fleet.

Many thanks

I did the Prides final two cruises. Which are oddly similar to the legends. The downside: Its 7 days. This isn't a typical Seabourn cruise or passengers. Everything happens in a compressed time frame. To me it was only relaxing in that I knew I had the following TA portion booked. The crew was Seabourns T1 so that was a major benefit. I guess I feel that 7 day Caribbean cruises don't really allow to put their best foot forward. (of course at this point I wouldn't recommend a seven day cruise to anyone that didn't live at the terminal and only if round trip).

Many thanks

We are booked on the TA, following your proposed cruise, and have every confidence that she will be in ship shape up until the handover.

The Legend was our first Seabourn ship and we loved the experience .. so much so that we have enjoyed a further 4 cruises with Seabourn since then.

You won't have the chance to experience a 'little sister' if you don't do it. So 'just do it'.

Allan

Sunprince

We are cruising on the Legend Feb. 1 to Feb 15 in the Caribbean to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The Legend was our very first cruise with Seabourn back in 2002. I encourage you to go for it before these wonderful small ships are gone. We love the new ships but the little sisters will always be our favorites. If you would like an onboard credit of $400, we have a referral coupon. Email-carolynmhofe@aol.com

Jocar, thanks so much for the referral coupon, that's very kind of you to offer. I will certainly take you up on it once I finalize my plans. I hope you enjoy your 50th anniversary on the Legend, what a nice way to celebrate it!

Thanks to everyone else for your advice. Emperor - I would love to do more than 7 days but my partner is limited to certain weeks so the choice is stay at home and enjoy the gloomy March winter weather or sail off to the Caribbean for a week.

Also, if anyone has any advice on flying into STT, please let me know. This is not the most convenient embarkation port for us as we live in Toronto and will need to connect via a US airport and fly a US airline (dislike doing both). So flight options/pricing might be more of an issue than beiing unsure of the actual cruise. Thanks

Also, if anyone has any advice on flying into STT, please let me know. This is not the most convenient embarkation port for us as we live in Toronto and will need to connect via a US airport and fly a US airline (dislike doing both). So flight options/pricing might be more of an issue than beiing unsure of the actual cruise. Thanks

We are cruising in November out of St Maarten and using West Jet out of Pearson. Maybe check to see where they fly?

Sunprince: I did the final Caribbean cruise this year with the Pride and the cruise you reference will be identical. It is a compressed cruise at only seven days, but I add 3 - 4 days pre-cruise in St. Thomas and it makes a decent holiday. I am booked for the March 15 Legend cruise and will fly United Airlines from SFO through Newark to STT. I believe United also runs run a direct flight daily from Washington DC to STT. Hope it works out for you.

When I flew into STT I caught a connector in Newark (Red eye out of SFO) and flew United. The only issue I had was in STT. Due to consturction, you walked down the jetstairs off the plane, then walked all the way around the airport to the other side to the somewhat open air baggage claim. It was a lot of unwanted exposure to the sun and heat.

Is it better to use Seabourn air or make arrangements on your own? Can Seabourn offer a better price or is it more expensive?

Thanks

It depends. On my last cruise going SFO-EWR-STT was a far better deal when booked on my own. The return was a far better deal using Seabourn cruise air. BCN-LHR-SFO.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

When I flew into STT I caught a connector in Newark (Red eye out of SFO) and flew United. The only issue I had was in STT. Due to consturction, you walked down the jetstairs off the plane, then walked all the way around the airport to the other side to the somewhat open air baggage claim. It was a lot of unwanted exposure to the sun and heat.

Porter flies into Newark and has an association with United. It may be possible to check your bags all the way through at Billy Bishop using both Porter and United.