Did you get OBC when you booked a 6K Scenic Grand Ocean view?

Taylor95

I booked this cabin today Early Saver for October 2015. I'm curious if anyone in the past has had luck on price drops since there are only two cabins in this category. When I read the details of early saver it looks like to qualify you have to be comparing exact same category stateroom which would pretty much mean my chances for a price drop are zero. Has anyone been successful when a higher category room dropped below what you paid for the 6K? This is my first time booking with Carnival so I'm looking for any tips since I have 14 months to watch for price changes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked this cabin today Early Saver for October 2015. I'm curious if anyone in the past has had luck on price drops since there are only two cabins in this category. When I read the details of early saver it looks like to qualify you have to be comparing exact same category stateroom which would pretty much mean my chances for a price drop are zero. Has anyone been successful when a higher category room dropped below what you paid for the 6K? This is my first time booking with Carnival so I'm looking for any tips since I have 14 months to watch for price changes!

I have *heard* from others on the forum that they have successfully price matched if a higher room (in your case a balcony) dropped below the price they paid. I would like an answer on this too, as I have an aft balcony booked for May 2015 with only two other aft balconies remaining.

I actually had a 6K last fall on the Valor. I was originally booked in a 6J because the 6K was not available. Got a nice price drop with the 6J then got lucky and found a 6K available for a lower price than my already reduced price on my 6J. Ended up with $280.00 obc.

Hope that answers your question. We have another b2b booked in a 6K for next fall and are keeping our fingers crossed for a price drop, but don't expect one. The other 6K would have to not only open up to get a drop, but also be viewable online. Basically someone who has a 6K booked would have to decide to upgrade to a balcony. Could happen, but I wouldn't do it. Love my 6K.

Going to probably stir up a hornet's nest here, but booked a 6k EARLY ON thinking if price dropped, I would get it. We did book Early Saver.

FINALLY figured out that with only 2 cabins, and only 1 of them holding 4, we were SOL. Whole ship had dropped in price.

Called... Worked my way up to a Supervisor. Who 'allowed' me to cancel, rebook at lower current rate. Deposit would be held for 'next cruise.'

Cost me $200 but well worth it-- saved over $600.00.

Then... In a couple of days... I called to ask about applying my 'old' deposit to my 'new' booking and it all went through slick as snot.

Your mileage may vary. I think the real message here is even if price drops do not show, supervisors can see what they WOULD BE, if they were public.

I was successful in getting a price drop on a 6J Scenic Ocean View Room. We saved $200 the first time with a simple phone call. The second time we noticed there was a big price drop and the rep we got on the phone wouldn't do it because "that category is sold out". I submitted a price protection form online and it got approved with two days ---another $500 saved. Saved $700 total. Ours was before final payment, so it just reduced our payment and did not result on OBC.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I knew when I booked this cabin there was a good chance I wouldn't be eligible for price drops, but really wanted to try this room. I originally thought I could downgrade when I saw a price drop & then upgrade back to my cabin, but was told downgrades were not allowed. I guess I will keep an eye on the prices & if I notice reductions, make a call & see then what they are willing to do.