Martini Recipes

alaskaboy

Was this post helpful?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Was this post helpful?

I have the ingredients and MOST proportions for Celebrity's new Chocolate Martini (not the one with chocolate chips in it).

Start by centering a dollop of chocolate syrup at the bottom of a martini glass. Use a stirrer to "brush" between six and eight "spikes" of the syrup up the sides of the glass (inside of course). Should end up looking kind of like a royal crown. For appearance mostly, but a professional touch the Celebrity bartender used.

In a shaker with ice, pour two ounces of chocolate vodka (Van Gogh offers a wonderful dutch chocolate vodka), 1.5 ounces of Frangelico liqueur, and half an ounce of Creme de Cacoa (more of this ingredient introduces a bitter taste). Add, to your taste (experimenting will be key), a little vanilla soft ice cream liquid mix. This is a key ingredient and not easy to find -- try a food service store like GFS (Gordon Food Service) where you may have to special order it in bulk (five gallons -- a case -- costs around $25), or if desperate, beg for a cup full at your local Dairy Queen. Stir gently and pour over your designer syrup in the martini glass.

PHENOMENAL, though martini purists may humiliate you publicly or otherwise.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but I did choose only a little. If you had put do you find this interesting I would have said definitely. I don't make my own martinis, only order them when on a cruise. And if I did it would be too hard to find the vanilla ice cream mix. But it is an interesting post. I didn't know what was in the chocolate martinis, I only know they taste very good!:)

Terri

I was never a martini drinker prior to my Nov. 2004 cruise - and still am not, if you are talking a *regular* martini - but the wonderful bartender in the Martini Bar, which BTW, was almost always empty, introduced me to their specialty martinis. One of those, and I was hooked! My favs are the creme brulee and the chocolate! :D

My favorite martini on the Millennium was the Goose Kiss. But my all time favorite martini on a cruise would have to be the Lemon Meringue Martini on the Dawn Princess.....actually this is probably the only thing I love about Princess cruises!!! I wish I had those recipes. :)

My favorite martini on The Millennium was the Cosmopolitan and that was about the only thing I liked about The Millennium. Thanks, Desertbelle for reminding me. :D

I am willing to give Celebrity one more chance, I'm going on the Constellation next September on a Transatlantic cruise. Sure hope The Cosmos aren't the only thing I enjoy.

Archived