Has anyone used NCL ground transportation for ship to JFK?

bmwjeanne

Thinking of booking ground transportation with NCL when we disembark this fall off the Gem. Want to get to the airport (JFK) ASAP to catch a 1:00 p.m. flight. Has anyone used their services? or is there something out there that is better?

Yes, I have taken the Norwegian shuttle to the airport. There is a bus for each airport. The only difference is that I travel solo, so it is better for me to take the shuttle. Might not be for more than one person. If you purchase the transfer, you will be given specific colored luggage tags and a time for which that color should be called. I have made it in time for a 12:30 P.M. flight.

I have used them and had no problem despite many people telling my I am doomed and will never make it. It filled up quickly so didn't wait. If I remember correctly I think I had a flight around the same time you do. There were some really stupid people on the bus that had a much earlier flight and were freaking out because they were gonna miss it. But why would you do that really? I mean it's NYC. Just get out there fairly early and you shouldn't have any problem.

IMHO, you should arrange for your own transfer. I did not have a good experience with NCL transportation in NYC in 2013.

We stayed in a hotel arranged through NCL the night before the cruise, and so it has transportation to the port with it. We got into the car they sent and the driver asked us where we were going and how to get there (the NCL rep had already left). We are from MN so we had no idea; the drive to the port was delayed 1/2hour because his people didn't know right away either.

Same trip - had arranged for a transfer to JFK after cruise. Our flight was at 4:30pm. They waited until 2pm to fill the bus to leave the port, the bus was not operating well, it kept stalling but they took us on it anyway. There was a lot of traffic and the bus stalled on some bridge for 15 minutes. There were people on the bus that missed their 3:30pm flight. We checked in at 3:45pm; Delta let us check in late, but we did make the flight after running down the concourse.

While I was on the bus I called the office of the transport company and of course there was no answer. Never again; I did tell NCL but did not hear anything back. No reason this should have happened except for a poor quality transfer vendor in NYC.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cruisercl

IMHO, you should arrange for your own transfer. I did not have a good experience with NCL transportation in NYC in 2013.

Many folks here do not even bother with "arranging" a transfer. Just walk out and get a cab. In most (not all) ports that is the easiest way ever.