Internet Access on Navigator

As far as I know, the Navigator is like most of the other ships, where you pay .75 per minute for upload/download time only. When I was on the Diamond in January, you could buy "packages" of time, but you were timed from the minute you signed on to the minute you signed off. It just depends on where you are in the world as to how fast things move. Sometimes it is very slow, sometimes quicker, depending on the satelite signal.

We were on the Navigator last July and and not until it was sending or receiving where you charged for the amount. It was very, very reasonable. They have a nice computer place - a computer guy was there to help you out also. Very helpful Jan [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

jhp,

We are getting on the Diamond on the 24th, you mentioned the package price for the Diamond for the computers, do you remember how much it was? I know that the Marnier you were charged the .75 cents over Christmas, but they did not have a package price. That will be our main communication for over in Europe for family and friends.
Thanks, Jan

Just got off Navigator. You need to contact reception and buy a block of time in order to connect to the Internet. I bought an hour and it cost $6.00. The connection is VERY slow, though.

I have an alternate suggestion-unless you are on a crossing, every place we have visited in the past few years has Internet cafes where they may only charge a few dollars an hour. Some of the keyboards are unfamiliar, especially the one I used in Dubrovnik that had letters I had never seen!

I believe all the ships are changing over from the .75 per minute upload and download charge only to "blocks" of time as they do on the Diamond. Sounds like the Navigator just made the switch. I was on board in April and they had not moved to the "block" of time but I knew it was coming.

Archived