Parking offsite port Canaveral.

pippin65

On board the Liberty now. Finally. I used the parking lot adjacent to the radisson. Parking address is 8600 astronaut way. (A1A). Place is HORRIBLE. Lined us up like cattle in the humid heat to be shuttled to the port on small buses. Must have been 350 people waiting for the port shuttle at approx. 1100 am. Three lines. Two for carnival and one for Disney. Shuttles came every 10- 15 minutes. When one came, one line would load 15 people or so. I ended up googling and calling a taxi. Just felt obliged to let my fellow cc'ers know. Was going to park AT the port but figured because the ship does not come back to the same dock, it wasn't worth the extra cash. Boy, was I wrong. I would never park there again and the wise will hear my warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Btw, I dropped off the family first at the terminal and even that was a fiasco-- waited 30 minutes in line before I could even drop my family off. Port Canveral has not impressed me.

Thanks for the info. I've always used "Park-n-Cruise", and it's always been pretty good. Wife is aboard with you, and she commented that the crowds there today were much worse than normal also. Must be because there are multiple ships all loading, and unloading today? Anyway, "Park-n-Cruise" didn't have nearly the wait, and lines that you experienced, according to her. Price sure beats the price to park at the pier, as well. :eek:

"SKY"

I hear you sky. But for any future cruises I'll allocate port parking into the cost.

Right you are, although for this cruise it wouldn't have made a lot of difference. As I'm sure you know, they are sailing from pier 10, but returning to pier 6 ,so Carnival is supplying a shuttle for those who parked at the port, so they can get back to their cars. :eek: Sounds like the parking situation I've run into when parking at the pier at Ft. Lauderdale occasionally. Just a P.I.A. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

We have also used Park-N-Cruise in Port Canaveral - excellent service. I made my reservation online 2 weeks before. Saved 50% over parking at the nightmare that is Port Canveral itself. On cruise day, we rolled in around 11:30 am, got checked in, dropped off the luggage at the building and self-parked my car. Walked over to the building, grabbed a drink and had a bathroom break and joined my family. They had shuttles clearly marked for the two Carnival ships that were leaving that day. They loaded our stuff on the shuttle and off we went. We were checking in at the terminal desk maybe 35 minutes later and onboard the Ecstasy by maybe noon.

I highly recommend you try them out. I think you will be happy and not stressed from trying to navigate he mess at the port.