Flight cancellation

Freckles49

Has anyone else had a last minute flight cancellation?

This has happened to us twice.

On our last Azamara cruise we had return flights direct from Nice To Manchester 18.55 p.m. which were changed 3 weeks prior to departure to a 16.10 p.m. flight Via Charles de Gaulle.

This meant that instead of having a 3.30p.m. transfer to the airport, we had a 9.15a.m. transfer, a 6 hr wait, 4 hrs with our suitcases at Nice.

A flight to Charles de Gaulle, a 3 hr wait , a flight to Manchester, and then a 3 hour drive home to Newcastle.

We contacted our TA on our return who forwarded this to Azamara.

Whose responsibilty is this?

Jen

Whose responsibilty is this?

Jen

Hi Jen,

I doubt any of us could answer with certainty, as there are many variables, and we do not know if you had Choice Air, standard air, or some other method. It's possible that the airline made changes to the original flight, which forced choice air (if that's how you booked) to find alternate flights.

One thing I might do, is contact the original airline, and see if the original flight departed on the date and time you were first given. If so, then I'd ask your TA to ask Azamara why your flight was changed to something clearly less convenient.

The bottom line ? I'd leave this issue to your TA, as they are the only party who Azamara will talk with. I hope you had a wonderful cruise !

for your reply.

The original flight did go ahead and I have contacted my TA with the details.

They have forwarded this on to Azamara and I await a reply.

As I said in my original post this is the second time we have had problems with our flights post Azamara Cruise and we are still waiting for a reply from the first incident.

Yes, we had a wonderful cruise. Thankyou.

Jen

We had our return flights cancelled about a week ago, six weeks out from our cruise. It was a great itinerary, found by ourselves, and booked through Choice Air. We needed to rebook that part of the air, but were told we would need to 'erase' both going and coming and rebook to change it. In doing that, we were warned, we risked losing what we had, seat assignments, 'premium' seats, etc., so we left things as they were. Disappointing, but that is the way it is with airlines any more.

for your reply.

The original flight did go ahead and I have contacted my TA with the details.

They have forwarded this on to Azamara and I await a reply.

As I said in my original post this is the second time we have had problems with our flights post Azamara Cruise and we are still waiting for a reply from the first incident.

Yes, we had a wonderful cruise. Thankyou.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise. I'm curious to hear what Azamara's explanation is, and if they offer you compensation. I hope you will advise us of the outcome. Good luck !