wc06(worldcruise) food repeat menus

chefwrh2

Every day, the menu is brand-new, never to be repeated again. If you have a certain dish you especially liked, then you can request it (maybe only in the Grills). But the regular menu items are never repeated.

I don't know how they could have NOT repeated SOMETHING over 36 years, but I guess they do it somehow...

Certain dishes are repeated.....but not a whole menu.

The kitchen staff tries to anticipate what they can get in certain ports and plan accordingly. However, if the spinach looks wilted, or the been beans are a bit tarnished, they may leave them behind and get something else. They may only get 500 pounds of good quality shrimp and thus plan only shrimp cocktails until the next port, instead of also having shrimp creole on the menu one night.

I remember on one of our World Cruises, we took a tour of the kitchen, and one of the chefs said they only plan each meal's menu a day or two in advance. Take the tour if you can....it was very interesting.

Archived