sunshine or splendor for new years cruise

glituner32

Hi, planning on a new years cruise. Which would you choose. Both itinerary are the same. Nassau, st Thomas, san juan, grand turk.

Here is the perk. Sunshine cost about 500 dollars more per person then the Splendor for same room type. So about 1k more for 2 people. Do you guys think its worth the difference?

Help me choose :D:D:D

Had a great time on the Splendor last summer. Only downside was the 2 1/2 days of sailing before reaching the first port. Also, considering the December sail date, I would go with the sunshine as its gonna be really cold those first 2 days out of New York!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is one reason I fly to Florida for a winter cruise. two days each way of cold weather. but if you don't mind being inside the ship for those days instead of on deck, get the cheaper one. 1k can almost get you another cruise.

[quote name='snc_cam']this is one reason I fly to Florida for a winter cruise. two days each way of cold weather. but if you don't mind being inside the ship for those days instead of on deck, get the cheaper one. 1k can almost get you another cruise.[/quote]

Splendor is leaving from Port of Miami and Sunshine from Orlando.

For $1000 less I would take the Splendor! Remember it's a new year sailing, so the ships will be sailing most probably FULL, and I from what i have read, you don't want to be on the Sunshine! Btw nothing wrong with Sunshine when at normal capacity. Jiji's is to die for.

I don't want to high jack this thread but also I don't want to start a new one. I have the same question but my is for a Christmas cruise and price difference is about 250 bucks. Sunshine being higher. What are y'all thought is it worth the 250 to go on it? Thanks

My choice would be the Sunshine, primarily because of the cruise director. Jaime Dee is full of energy and I think Christmas or a New Years Eve on the Sunshine would be great. Edited by djacobson

$500 MORE for the same exact cruise? I'd pick Splendor for sure! There's nothing wrong with the Splendor and I love sailing away from Miami and less of a hassle to/from the airport and you can price check both Fort Lauderdale and Miami airports. Flying to/from Orlando during peak holiday travel will be both crazy busy and EXPENSIVE because of DisneyWorld! Once, I rented a car from Miami and flew out of Tampa (you can also fly out of Fort Myers), cost MUCH less but it was easy because we weren't over an hour away from the airport like you would if you were coming back into Port Canaveral. Besides, Miami will be much WARMER than Orlando/Port Canaveral for a little pre- or post-cruise fun! Edited by ibcnusoon

If you can drive from Miami to Tampa in an hour, how fast were you going? :)

And I would think the airline rates, regardless if Orlando, FLL, Miami, or Tampa would be similar. It all depends on what day you are flying.

And agree that Miami can be warmer around the holidays due to the ocean air. However, I don't think it is much of a difference.

Took us more than an hour to drive from Miami to Tampa. I was saying it will take you an hour to get from Port Canaveral to Orlando Int'l once the bus leaves. So you are pretty much stuck with whatever flight that day is out of MCO. If you cruise out of Miami, you have choices other than Miami, including Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, and Tampa (Tampa only if you have a very late afternoon or night flight). I found flights in and out of Tampa MUCH cheaper than other cities in Florida.

I've been to Florida in December/January and it's about 10 degrees warmer in South Florida (Fort Myers over to Fort Lauderdale and south) than it was in Orlando. We could swim in South Florida but it was much colder in Orlando. Edited by ibcnusoon