Acadian tour vs peggy's cover??? help!

rent a car and get a map. Its an easy drive and you'll beat the ships tours to Peggy's cove(they get there for lunch) Then back track and do the park, Titanic Cemetary, and then the museum in town. Halifax is disaster central, Swiss Air flight, The Titanic(it where they buried some of the bodies), the Halifax explosion(the largest manmade explosion prior to dropping of the Atomic Bomb)....

Thanks for the great advice. Would you suggest we book the rental car ahead of time? I believe there is only one other ship in port the same time, the Maasdam. I am very interested in all those disaster places you mentioned so I like the idea of getting ahead of the crowds and being to see as much as possible.

Thanks to everyone for the advise on booking with Greg or renting a car in Halifax. We're leaving Saturday for the Enchantment - nothing like waiting until the last minute to do my research! :o

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do in Saint John other than see the Bay of Fundy?

I can confirm that this is true. We received an email from Greg saying he was booked up on the day of our visit. If anyone has an alternative suggestions, we'd appreciate it.

I should have read ALL the posts on this subject before e-mailing Greg. If he's booked for you, then he's booked for us too since were on the Oct 8 sailing also.

Figures!

I thought about doing the car rental thingy, but I know that we will end up spinning our wheels (figuratively) and will drive around aimlessly. I would rather have some narration to know what we are seeing. Any other suggestions?

I am seriously thinking about the ships excursion that features some sort of photographic interest. It seems to hit the key areas. I have homework to do!

Archived