Future Cruise Cert worth the hassle?

NavyCruiser

I think if Carnival were smart, they would promote the New & Improved FCC 2.0 at the Captain's party (for prev cruisers), let us have up to 1 year to book, to cruise within 2 yrs. Just zip our S&S card at the event for $100, then we'll have $200 for ANY length future cruise, instantly linked to our VIFP account.

Figured if the airlines & hotels can track frequent flyer miles & hotel stays, cruise lines can track them too! just like they can track # of nights already cruised...

What an easier way for Carnival to promote more business from past guests, Easy right?

Princess already has all future cruise certificates and even goodwill cruise credits automatically post to your My Princess Circle Savings Account. You can even utilize their Bon Voyage Experience service to spend a day onboard and purchase one, without even sailing. They are automatically redeemed each time you reserve a cruise with the respective onboard credits for length of cruise/stateroom type unless you request to save them for a future time.

Just used my last FCC :( on an 11 cruise that I booked through my PVP. I gave him the certificate number which he submitted. Within 2 business days, I received an email confirming that $100 was being credited to my outstanding balance and $200 OBC was being applied to the cruise. I just checked my boarding documents and both credits have been applied. :) Nice return on my investment.

Add my name to the list of those that wish Carnival would bring back FCCs.

Edited by tinyrose

Princess already has all future cruise certificates and even goodwill cruise credits automatically post to your My Princess Circle Savings Account. You can even utilize their Bon Voyage Experience service to spend a day onboard and purchase one, without even sailing. They are automatically redeemed each time you reserve a cruise with the respective onboard credits for length of cruise/stateroom type unless you request to save them for a future time.

Carnival owns Princess!!!

Carnival owns Princess!!!

Although Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess Cruises, Carnival Corporation does. Princess Cruises actually reports to The Holland America Group, who reports to Carnival Corporation & plc. All subsidiaries that fall under the holding company are operated independently with their own leadership teams. As you mentioned in your previous post that you felt cruise lines should be able to keep information regarding their future cruise certificates online, similar to how hotels/airlines/cruise lines store unique identifiers related to stay/night/currency qualifications/transactions, I thought it wouldn't hurt to add some substantive information to the thread about how another brand chooses to execute their future cruise certificate promotion.

I'm not sure how the single post "Carnival owns Princess!!!" contributes to how these certificates are handled.

Figured if the airlines & hotels can track frequent flyer miles & hotel stays, cruise lines can track them too! just like they can track # of nights already cruised...
Edited by Disconnections

The FCC no longer exist. What you do now is book onboard (assuming the ship as a future-cruise desk) and receive an OBC for that cruise. You will also get two Friend/Family OBC "passes" that allow a friend/family to purchase the same cruise and they will get the same OBC as you.

Catch: They must book within 60 days of you, or they get nothing. Learned it the hard way with my family on our Breeze cruise.

Disagree completely....they were very little trouble to yield $100 OBC for free. You didn't need a PVP, or to call in at all, you could enter them yourself online, it took about 3 minutes.....I don't think that qualifies as "too much trouble".

Also, your $100 purchase price applied to the bottom line of your next cruise, reducing the cost by your already prepaid $100....and the LEAST amount of OBC was $50 (for a 3-5 day cruise) and could have been as much as $200 OBC for a 11+ day cruise....NOT $41 in ANY case. So, the least amount you could net back was an extra $50, yielding $150 payback on a $100 investment....not too shabby! Not so sure you are talking about the same FCC's that have been dicontinued???

We miss FCC's and wish CCL would bring them back......used them as often as we could!!

Totally agree with you. If they ever offer them again we would buy them in a minute. Last few cruises we have booked onboard for the OBC available.

I agree with you. When we took a recent cruise we were ready to buy them again, only to find out they were no longer available and you needed to book onboard to get the OBC. So, on the previous cruise, I was very prepared for that and booked a cruise 13 months later, which is coming up soon. It makes it more restrictive but at least they still offer this benefit. But I too want the FCCs back.