Diamond Cruise offers...

cruzn buckeye

I just read that Diamond cruisers are getting some special cruise offers...

not sure what kind of deal they are getting... but sure they deserve them. And then also, feeling a bit , well , I don't know... I was told i would be grandfathered to Diamond.... and it didn't happen... frustrated I guess would be the word. Because... after 26 cruises and many cruise days... I have never received a special offer in my VIFP offers... oh well... maybe some day.. the sad thing is I will not live long enough to hit the magic number that I now need to be Diamond... unless I live to be like 100.. and then SS wouldn't be enough to cover the taxes...:rolleyes:

People were grandfathered into platinum not diamond. Only way to have received diamond was to have sailed 200+ days.

You should have received your milestone credit for your 25th cruise.

not sure what kind of deal they are getting... but sure they deserve them. And then also, feeling a bit , well , I don't know... I was told i would be grandfathered to Diamond.... and it didn't happen... frustrated I guess would be the word. Because... after 26 cruises and many cruise days... I have never received a special offer in my VIFP offers... oh well... maybe some day.. the sad thing is I will not live long enough to hit the magic number that I now need to be Diamond... unless I live to be like 100.. and then SS wouldn't be enough to cover the taxes...:rolleyes:

I have sailed 100 days (13 cruises) have 14, 15 and 16 booked and have never received any offers either. Have not even ever been phoned for an up grade.

Edited by tracyvansmith

People were grandfathered into platinum not diamond. Only way to have received diamond was to have sailed 200+ days.

Up until the details of the VIFP Club were leaked, that was not the case. In fact, an apology letter was sent out to all Milestone guests because of the "confusion" and "misinformation" provided by Carnival employees.

You can find the apology letter at the link below and if you wish, Post #19 contains three years of timestamped data published by Carnival's brand ambassador in regards to all what we, as guests, should have expected from the "brilliant" improvements and details were Milestone guests were promised to be grandfathered into Diamond, the "highest tier" that can be achieved under the new loyalty program. It's also a shame that Gold guests were also downgraded to Red.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1655257

Edit: After three years of being told changes were coming, it's nearly three years the second time around as we were told changes will be coming soon in May 2012.

Edited by Disconnections

We received our Diamond free cruise offer yesterday. 3 cruises to choose from 8 day Splendor from NY to San0 Juan, October 24th , 4 day Ecstacy September 29th, and 4 day Victory November 16th. We are very disappointed we can not schedule any of the 3 due to work schedules. But at least Carnival is finally making an effort to recognize frequent cruisers. Our 30 yo DS that has not cruised in 3 years has two free cruise offers on the books. He scheduled one week on the Pride over Thanksgiving and is contemplating the 2nd free cruise now. We were not happy when we received his offer in the mail and at that point had not received any offers. Hopefully, they will offer Platinum members something soon.

As you can see from the above posting, we only had those 3 cruises to choose from and not very attractive offers. Unless you lived near the embarkation ports, it would not be worth it to fly in for a 4 days cruise and the 8 days Splendor one ends in San Juan. When others got the free offers, they at least got to choose their cruises.

Also, this was not a free cruise offer. We have to pay $200 plus taxes and fees for an inside with $200 on board credit so not exactly free.

As you can see from the above posting, we only had those 3 cruises to choose from and not very attractive offers. Unless you lived near the embarkation ports, it would not be worth it to fly in for a 4 days cruise and the 8 days Splendor one ends in San Juan. When others got the free offers, they at least got to choose their cruises.

Also, this was not a free cruise offer. We have to pay $200 plus taxes and fees for an inside with $200 on board credit so not exactly free.

200-200 = free. Its a great deal when all you have to pay is the air. I wouldnt do the San Juan that ends there. but a 4 day for air only? That is a good deal think on that one...:rolleyes:

Read the post above. Yes people were grandfathered into Platinum, but those with 25 or near 25 were encouraged to book more to reach that level as they were told they were going to be grandfathered to the highest tier. Which is Diamond.. but that is just old news.. didn't happen.... isn't gonna...

Just was wondering what the deals the Diamonds were getting.... not trying to get a new conversation on the previous issues already discussed more than enough times...

Edited by cruzn buckeye

Read the post above. Yes people were grandfathered into Platinum, but those with 25 or near 25 were encouraged to book more to reach that level as they were told they were going to be grandfathered to the highest tier. Which is Diamond.. but that is just old news.. didn't happen.... isn't gonna...

Just was wondering what the deals the Diamonds were getting.... not trying to get a new conversation on the previous issues already discussed more than enough times...

Unfortunately, the policies haven't changed and there seems to be no intention of changing the policy. I thought I read some time back about new "brilliant" ideas, but nothing has come to fruition. I will still be 14 days short after my next cruise. While I am fortunate to live near a port, the current loyalty program seems to favor the larger markets which have more seven day cruises.

If CCL is trying to generate additional income, such an offer to the top 1-3% of frequent CCL cruisers isn't going to achieve that goal. Certainly they are not offering these cruises with the intent of losing money. I didn't get this offer, but agree with you that I would certainly consider a cruise they offered. A $200 cruise would be hard to pass on.

Edited by djacobson

Hi Mary! How have you been?

I apologize in advance for the hijack of this thread but have to say hi to J here.

Hi J! We are doing great and hope you and your family are too. Say hi to all 3 of them for us.

See by your signature, you are big Princess fans now. We are going on the Royal Princess in December. Maybe see you all on her?

I took advantage of the offer, and am THRILLED to get, what I consider a free cruise. I can't believe that some folks received this offer, then complained because they didn't get more choice?????:confused: Hope they don't cruise with me anytime soon!

"SKY"

Hey Mary.......

Donna and I weren't able to take advantage of any of them either. The only one we considered was the 8 day Splendor, we could have gotten our usual inside cabin on deck 6 for a total of $435 with a $200 OBC so net to us $235.....

Pretty dang cheap for an 8 day, but air was going to cost us over $1200........so not such a great offer......especially considering we just got home Sunday from the Magic and have the Breeze booked in January.

I did appreciate getting the offer though........

I apologize in advance for the hijack of this thread but have to say hi to J here.

Hi J! We are doing great and hope you and your family are too. Say hi to all 3 of them for us.

See by your signature, you are big Princess fans now. We are going on the Royal Princess in December. Maybe see you all on her?

Glad to hear you're doing great. I'll be sure to say hi to everyone for you.

As you can see, yes, Princess is now our preferred cruise line. Unfortunately, we are unable to plan a cruise that far out right now so we're sticking to near last minute bookings and even booking the week before. Which sailing are you booked on? If you're on the 5 night Royal Princess sailing, we have been looking that one there is a possibility we may book it.

Hopefully one day soon we can sail together again. Are you in the Magic TA Facebook group?

I took advantage of the offer, and am THRILLED to get, what I consider a free cruise. I can't believe that some folks received this offer, then complained because they didn't get more choice?????:confused: Hope they don't cruise with me anytime soon!

"SKY"

I guess if Carnival hadn't given a choice of free cruises to the non Platinum and non Diamond earlier this year, I wouldn't have commented on it. Yes, I appreciate that Carnival did give us an offer and glad that some will be able to take advantage of it. Good for you.

As for cruising with me, I am not a complainer on the cruises. Love cruising, love Carnival and if you have read my other posts, you will read that I am a very positive person and supportive of others' choices and Carnival policies and appreciative of what I get as a Diamond guest.

Please do not judge someone on one opinion you do not agree with.:rolleyes:

Please do not judge someone on one opinion you do not agree with.:rolleyes:

O.K.,,,sorry about that comment. I'm sure you're a GREAT person, and I'd love to sail with you sometime. ;) (Actually, as often as we both sail, we probably will run into each other one of these days.) :cool: I truly look forward to that day. See you aboard.

"SKY"

Hey Mary.......

Donna and I weren't able to take advantage of any of them either. The only one we considered was the 8 day Splendor, we could have gotten our usual inside cabin on deck 6 for a total of $435 with a $200 OBC so net to us $235.....

Pretty dang cheap for an 8 day, but air was going to cost us over $1200........so not such a great offer......especially considering we just got home Sunday from the Magic and have the Breeze booked in January.

I did appreciate getting the offer though........

LOL Janey, that's the cruise we looked at too. Even looked into the cruise after to get us back to the mainland. However, it did not work out. Plus we weren't given enough time to decide...lol. Hi to you and Donna. Maybe see you on the Breeze in January??

Glad to hear you're doing great. I'll be sure to say hi to everyone for you.

As you can see, yes, Princess is now our preferred cruise line. Unfortunately, we are unable to plan a cruise that far out right now so we're sticking to near last minute bookings and even booking the week before. Which sailing are you booked on? If you're on the 5 night Royal Princess sailing, we have been looking that one there is a possibility we may book it.

Hopefully one day soon we can sail together again. Are you in the Magic TA Facebook group?

That's the one. Hope you will be able to book it. Sorry, not on Facebook.

O.K.,,,sorry about that comment. I'm sure you're a GREAT person, and I'd love to sail with you sometime. ;) (Actually, as often as we both sail, we probably will run into each other one of these days.) :cool: I truly look forward to that day. See you aboard.

"SKY"

Apology accepted. For all we know, we might have cruise together already or maybe in the future.:D

I am booked on this wonderful deal, deck 9 Lido balcony. I go as a single so this is the charge for 2 people, minus the TFPE charges for the second, to go as a single.

Cruise Charges

Cruise Rate $360.00

$360.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $142.72

$142.72

Optional Charges

Vacation Protection ? $49.00

Remove

$49.00

Total Charges $551.72 $551.72

Balance Paid In Full

Onboard Credit

$200.00

I also took advantage of this...took the Victory offer... Balcony cabin was $140 pp plus $99 taxes.... And then I got the $200 OBC.... Plus $50 shareholder OBC.... And used miles for free airfare...

So I do consider this pretty much free!! Yay Carnival.... First VIFP offer ever in 37 CCL cruises!!

We looked at this offer, not so free till you add air and hotels and tax and fees and upgrade. Have to use there dates, that don't work. If you live near a port its a good price but not free. We already did 4 cruises this year. Need something like this for next year.

Edited by PA Dutchman

We will be turning Diamond on our cruise in early Dec. on the Breeze. Sure hope we get offered some kind of nice perk!! :) John F

You get your Diamond perks for that cruise, you should have 2 free steakhouse letters, then you go back to Platinum perks, except Tea with the Capt. Glad to see you make Diamond, there are not a lot of us, I was told around 8 to 900. If you tender any were they will take you in front of the Platinums , that's always good for a few comments

Edited by PA Dutchman

You get your Diamond perks for that cruise, then you go back to Platinum perks, except Tea with the Capt

Not in the slightest. You receive your unlimited laundry and guaranteed dining times perk that you lost. He's out of luck though with the BOGO tournament entry.