Thanksgiving on the Liberty

Whereto?

Sailing on Liberty Thanksgiving week. Are there any changes/special happenings on Thanksgiving Day? It is a port day for us (Freeport, Bahamas) but just wondering if they do a special menu or anything. (But hopefully not a pumpkin drink of the day!! :D)

This year will be my 5th Thanksgiving Cruise. I've spent it in Nassau, Bahamas twice, once at sea, and last at Roatan, Honduras. This year, it's in Grand Turk!

They have a turkey dinner and stuffing and such, but they do make it special. In the ports, the locals have no clue its an American holiday. so don't say anything, and you'll get the regular price for things you wanna buy (:

Hope you have an amazing time!

The turkey dinner in the MDR was the same, not anything special, on our Thanksgiving cruise on the Spirit a few years ago.

They were carving whole turkey on the buffet. If you want dark meat, that's the only place to get it.

Avoid the pumpkin pie. Think Jello Instant.

This year will be my 5th Thanksgiving Cruise. I've spent it in Nassau, Bahamas twice, once at sea, and last at Roatan, Honduras. This year, it's in Grand Turk!

They have a turkey dinner and stuffing and such, but they do make it special. In the ports, the locals have no clue its an American holiday. so don't say anything, and you'll get the regular price for things you wanna buy (:

Hope you have an amazing time!

The turkey dinner in the MDR was the same, not anything special, on our Thanksgiving cruise on the Spirit a few years ago.

They were carving whole turkey on the buffet. If you want dark meat, that's the only place to get it.

Avoid the pumpkin pie. Think Jello Instant.

Thanks for the replies. Good to know turkey will Be a choice. But just for the tradition! Give me the steak or lobster and I will be happier!!

Unfortunately this will be the first Thanksgiving in several years that we have NOT cruised Thanksgiving week. We've been on the Liberty for 2 of those weeks, including last year. There was nothing special on Thanksgiving Day. We were in port, I think Grand Turk. The only way you would know it was Thanksgiving was a couple of special food sculptures in the Buffet and there was a special Thanksgiving Menu in the MDR. However, do NOT get Turkey in the MDR, it tastes like lunch meat. If you want turkey, go to the buffet where they will be carving a real turkey.