Price drop but Carnival won't approve

gatorchinsky

Ok so it's been awhile since we booked using ES so I guess I could be missing something but from what I recall I always got price adjustments for any price reduction even if it was from a promo. We received one already because my VIFP offer was lower. The Sail from Florida and Save promo gives me a price of $150 less than what I paid but Carnival said they won't approve the price protection. Has anyone had any luck with getting the reduction on this particular promo? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd the sail from fl rate a pick your cabin or a guarantee rate? If it's a rate where carnival picks your cabin, they won't price match to those as stated in the rules of es

When I look on the fare viewer they have two Sail from Florida and Save offers. One is that you can pick your own cabin and one is where they pick the cabin for you. I even did a mock booking and I could pick my own cabin and I was in the same category as I am already booked in.

I'm having the same problem! The Sail from Fla rate is a pick your own cabin deal, so I'm confused as to why they aren't approving mine--my sail date is not until Dec 7. Do you think if I call and try to re-book at the lower rate they'll charge me a penalty?

You may want to call Carnival if you haven't already. I had this problem a few weeks ago when trying to get a price drop through a resident sale for Ohio. For some reason the computer wasn't picking up that I was from Ohio when it was checking my info against the price protection form, and it kept giving me the 'one or more requirements not met' message. I called Carnival and explained what was going on, and their rep approved the price drop over the phone.

When I look on the fare viewer they have two Sail from Florida and Save offers. One is that you can pick your own cabin and one is where they pick the cabin for you. I even did a mock booking and I could pick my own cabin and I was in the same category as I am already booked in.

Gator, I had this problem just recently where they couldn't match the rate because they were looking at the GTY rate where I was looking at the pick-your-cabin rate. What finally resolved the issue was they entered my VIFP # into the mock booking, then it showed the pick-your-cabin rate. Once there, they then honored the price drop.

Keep calling... good luck

I had the same issue with the FL rate a couple days ago. I spoke with my PVP and two different representatives and they all told me they couldn't see the rate I saw online. They told me it must be because the rate I was seeing was for new bookings only and so my existing booking was not eligible. I explained that it didn't say so in the requirements. The third person I spoke with was finally able to see the Sail from Florida rate that I was calling about, and I received an upgrade and some OBC. He also apologized that it took so long to get someone who knew what they were doing.

My suggestion is to keep calling until someone can help you.

I'm not real thrilled with the "price guarantee" they offer. I found one and they were going to give it to me but then the "other" fees were raised up and made the reduced rate actually higher. Come on! Those other fees should be the same for everyone. Tips, fuel and port fees is what they told me the "other fees" were so why would they go up higher when the cruise cost was lower?

But, I kept calling and finally got a reduced rate that gave us a nice OBC.

Don't give up. Keep calling.

I applied for a price drop online yesterday and was immediately denied via e-mail. I knew I had the accurate information (I even took screen shots in case my claim was rejected).

I immediately e-mailed the contact on the rejection and attached the screen shots to my e-mail. It was approved within two hours.

I just wouldn't stop if they reject you at first. It seemed to me that the default is now to reject everything and only approve if you follow up. :mad:

Edited by wbc12345

I, too, have had issues with this rate and price drops, but I've eventually gotten them all approved. I'm booked ES and chose my own room. When I call, most of the time they can only initially see the guarantee Sail from FL and Save Rate. Sometimes they have to pull in another person, but eventually they are able to get it. Make sure they enter all your information (VIFP number, state of residency, etc) and just keep trying!

I'm not real thrilled with the "price guarantee" they offer. I found one and they were going to give it to me but then the "other" fees were raised up and made the reduced rate actually higher. Come on! Those other fees should be the same for everyone. Tips, fuel and port fees is what they told me the "other fees" were so why would they go up higher when the cruise cost was lower?

But, I kept calling and finally got a reduced rate that gave us a nice OBC.

Don't give up. Keep calling.

The taxes/fees are not like sales tax at a fixed percent so even if your price goes down doesn't mean the taxes will go down.

Most times they stay the same but not always as you have found out.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

• 4 weeks later...

It seems there's issues because they are running two separate sales with the same name. I put in for a price drop of 140, and they messed up and gave me a resident rate for a state I don't live in anymore. Called, and they fixed it. Seeps they know about the issue, when I call, they fix it right away. Now I'm up to 710 OBC for my cruise next week.

I received the automatic denial as well and called to get the price adjusted. The person I spoke with was very quick and knowledgeable and explained that the computer did not have the Past Guest Sale entered yet, so automatically denied the request. Their new computer approval system doesn't seem to be working. I have to say again the person I spoke with was very fast and efficient and I was off the phone with a confirmation email in my inbox in less than 5 minutes (not counting waiting on hold to speak to someone, which was about 10 minutes).

I received the automatic denial as well and called to get the price adjusted. The person I spoke with was very quick and knowledgeable and explained that the computer did not have the Past Guest Sale entered yet, so automatically denied the request. Their new computer approval system doesn't seem to be working. I have to say again the person I spoke with was very fast and efficient and I was off the phone with a confirmation email in my inbox in less than 5 minutes (not counting waiting on hold to speak to someone, which was about 10 minutes).

Same with my call tonight.

3 requests denied today, when I called, got the same answer and approval.

BTW, the ads they play while on hold make me want to stick an ice pick in my eye after about one minute...and I was lucky enough to hear the whole loop twice :rolleyes:. That was a lot to endure for $40, but I won't remember a thing after that extra bucket of beer.

Edited by Uncle Deane

Same with my call tonight.

3 requests denied today, when I called, got the same answer and approval.

BTW, the ads they play while on hold make me want to stick an ice pick in my eye after about one minute...and I was lucky enough to hear the whole loop twice :rolleyes:. That was a lot to endure for $40, but I won't remember a thing after that extra bucket of beer.

I am sick and tired of the ads too!! Our price drop pays for our tips so I guess I can survive the annoyance.

I wish they would go back to humans approving the ES price drops.