7 day cruise from Galveston- CHEERS question

AlphaB13

I posted this on the long Cheers thread, but thought it might get answered faster if I made a new thread.

I feel like this has been covered but I started second guessing myself and thought that it couldn't hurt to ask..

For 7 day cruises leaving out of Galveston, we are not able to purchase Cheers on the first day. Because we are purchasing cheers for only 6 days, do we get penalized and have to pay the "5 or 6 day" rate? Or do we just pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate? I had assumed it would be the 7 day rate but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

That's great news... but can you cite your reference? I have looked all over Carnival's web site and can find nothing that specific. :D

TIA

well, you're ON a 7 day cruise, so you're charged the 7 day price. just because you cant have all 7 days, doesnt mean you're not charged for it ;)

also, we just got off a 7 day cruise out of galveston and we were charged the 7 day pricing for the 6 days availability :)

well, you're ON a 7 day cruise, so you're charged the 7 day price. just because you cant have all 7 days, doesnt mean you're not charged for it ;)

also, we just got off a 7 day cruise out of galveston and we were charged the 7 day pricing for the 6 days availability :)

He'll get the 7 day rate but will only be charged for 6 days.

were you charged the old pricing or the new rates?

it was before they changed the pricing. but, that doesnt matter. just because the prices changed, doesnt mean how you're charged changes. you're ON a 7 day cruise, so you're charged the 7 day pricing.

i dont understand the confusion people are having with it *shrug*

We just got off the Magic last Sunday and even though the new rates went into effect on the 8th which was the Friday of our cruise we were charged the old rates for the entire cruise.

6 days of Cheers for 2 people was $689.32

Under the new pricing schedule I would expect 6 days for 2 people to be $517.50

it was before they changed the pricing. but, that doesnt matter. just because the prices changed, doesnt mean how you're charged changes. you're ON a 7 day cruise, so you're charged the 7 day pricing.

I wasn't confused I wanted someone to confirm the new pricing has actually happened thats all....didn't need to be rude did you?

We just got off the Magic last Sunday and even though the new rates went into effect on the 8th which was the Friday of our cruise we were charged the old rates for the entire cruise.

6 days of Cheers for 2 people was $689.32

Under the new pricing schedule I would expect 6 days for 2 people to be $517.50

Thank you hopefully some people will post after they get back this sunday so we can see that the magic has really changed their pricing

I wasn't confused I wanted someone to confirm the new pricing has actually happened thats all....didn't need to be rude did you?

i wasnt rude. sorry if it came off that way. i didnt know you were asking if the price had gone into effect or not

I think there's a lot of confusion because Carnival has not specifically posted a pricing schedule. Some independent travel agents have, but all the carnival website lists is a "price range" that says "package prices range from $165.00 to $300.00." All of the per day pricing information we have is just from people doing math. Real confirmation from someone who paid the new prices will make everyone calm down I think. I know that in particular, the fact that the 6 day pricing is different from the 7 day pricing now is of concern to me. I don't remember if the per day prices were different previously.

The point here is that you are making assumptions. We all agree that this is how it should be. If you had first hand knowledge (which it appears you do not) that would be fine. I have learned not to make assumptions with any travel company.

So... as someone else stated, hopefully someone on the Magic that buys the Cheers program after the change will post their experience and all will be cleared up! :)

The point here is that you are making assumptions. We all agree that this is how it should be. If you had first hand knowledge (which it appears you do not) that would be fine. I have learned not to make assumptions with any travel company.

So... as someone else stated, hopefully someone on the Magic that buys the Cheers program after the change will post their experience and all will be cleared up! :)

well friends of mine are coming back tomorrow from the Magic that left last week AFTER the price adjusting. i'll be sure to ask them if they bought it and what they paid and report back :)

Edited by KLD1019

It will be good to hear from real experience. Because what concerns me and probably the op Is it seems like the wording implies a per cruise rate not a per day rate.

That is exactly the case.

And yes, KLD, you should ask! That would be wonderful if you could find out from them :)

I'm peeking in, too -- and have the same question...

Do you get the seven day rate and only pay for six days of it?

Do you get the seven day rate and have to pay all seven days, even though you couldn't buy it till on debark day?

Do you pay for six days at the six day rate?

That's my question, and I think the OP's question.

I think there's a lot of confusion because Carnival has not specifically posted a pricing schedule. Some independent travel agents have, but all the carnival website lists is a "price range" that says "package prices range from $165.00 to $300.00." All of the per day pricing information we have is just from people doing math. Real confirmation from someone who paid the new prices will make everyone calm down I think. I know that in particular, the fact that the 6 day pricing is different from the 7 day pricing now is of concern to me. I don't remember if the per day prices were different previously.

The travel agents were not doing math for the cheers program. The break down of

3 day cruise: $55.00 per day plus 15% gratuity

4 day cruise: $45.00 per day plus 15% gratuity

5 day and 6 day cruise: $42.50 per day plus 15% gratuity

7 day and longer cruise: $37.50 per day plus 15% gratuity

Was what they were sent from Carnival. Not sure why Carnival sent them the break down and did not put it on their website.

The travel agents were not doing math for the cheers program. The break down of

3 day cruise: $55.00 per day plus 15% gratuity

4 day cruise: $45.00 per day plus 15% gratuity

5 day and 6 day cruise: $42.50 per day plus 15% gratuity

7 day and longer cruise: $37.50 per day plus 15% gratuity

Was what they were sent from Carnival. Not sure why Carnival sent them the break down and did not put it on their website.

$37.50 per day is for 7 and 8 day cruises. Cruises longer than that will have cruise specific pricing.

Out of Galveston you can only buy on the 2nd day and will pay the daily rate based on the entire length of your cruise. If on a 7 day cruise you pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate. 6 day cruise pay 5 days at 6 day rate, etc.

Edited by Bookbug53

$37.50 per day is for 7 and 8 day cruises. Cruises longer than that will have cruise specific pricing.

Out of Galveston you can only buy on the 2nd day and will pay the daily rate based on the entire length of your cruise. If on a 7 day cruise you pay for 6 days at the 7 day rate. 6 day cruise pay 5 days at 6 day rate, etc.

So you are saying if I'm on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston, I will pay the 5 day rate for 4 days? That would f

So I would pay,

42.50 x 4 = 170.00 + 15% gratuity of 25.50 = $195.50 instead of

42.50 x 5 = 212.50 + 15% gratuity of 31.88 = $244.38?

So you are saying if I'm on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston, I will pay the 5 day rate for 4 days? That would f

So I would pay,

42.50 x 4 = 170.00 + 15% gratuity of 25.50 = $195.50 instead of

42.50 x 5 = 212.50 + 15% gratuity of 31.88 = $244.38?

Correct. Since Carnival itself refuses to allow you to purchase the Cheers on the first day of a 5 day cruise from Galveston they will not penalize you with the higher 4 day rate.

Just got confirmation from 2 different people that got off the Triumph 5 day cruise today they were charged 42.50 + gratuity and paid for 4 days

When you say 5 day cruise do you mean a 5 night cruise, or a 4 night cruise, 4 being the amount of nights in a cruise lasting 5 days