Has Anyone Done the Harley Excursion in Cozumel?

linnealavell

My husband and I are considering taking the Harley tour in Cozumel and wanted to know if anyone had taken this tour and had experiences (good and bad) that they could share with us. Thanks in advance.

I haven't but I want to based on the reviews in this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1611002&highlight=harley

Wife and i both did this off of carnival triumph 2 years ago. had a great time. There were maybe 10 bikes, then one with 2 guides and a following pickup that carried any gear we had and also an ice chest with water.

They took us along the coast, stopped at some ruins for some shopping for maybe an hour, stopped at a couple cool places along the coast, hit a restaraunt on the beach for some local lunch and a couple beers, then back from the other side of the island back thru town.

The truck would block traffic to keep the group together etc.

Expensive booking thru the ship but we had a great time.

michael

good things about this trip. We usually dive at Coz (h/t Eagle Ray), but every now and then do something different. This seemed worth trying,even if it was Sand Dollar Sports. Where I live we can (and do) ride evey day so it was awesome to get out on bikes on a cruise. The scenery was awesome, the lunch was great, and Carlos and Sergio (the guides) were wonderful. Bikes in great condition. A bit pricey (we booked independant of the ship!) but worth it at least once in your life. If you're not a regular rider the last mile or so into and out of Punta Sur park can be a little dicey, but otherwise, yesss...

What that other thread is about is renting a bike from Eagle riders; they opened a month or 2 after we did this. Either way, I highly recommend it!

My husband and I are considering taking the Harley tour in Cozumel and wanted to know if anyone had taken this tour and had experiences (good and bad) that they could share with us. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your input.

We have booked the tour with Eagle Rider for our October cruise. Can hardly wait.

• 9 months later...

This was our 3rd time on a Western Caribbean cruise same ports. I was looking for something to surprise my husband - renting a Harley did the trick! Eagle Riders Cozumel - Adrian was the best tour guide - we were the only bike so that made it special. He was caring, made sure we were comfortable and off we went. Stopped at a small tequila factory, several small villages and a place for lunch (great food don't remember the name). Everything was included in the rental. If you ride a motorcycle and stop at Cozumel check it out and DO IT! Adrian also took some of the best photos we've had while riding - great to look back and see the smile on my husband...Hands down the best tour if you know how to ride a motorcycle. When we got back to the ship there were several people wishing they knew about the rental/tour but they were stuck with a ship tour. We hope to be back and do it again – if you have any questions ask or check out the site for Eagle Riders Cozumel.