PLEASE... explain gratuities!

We are sailing on the Grandeur out of Balt, MD tomorrow morning... only our 3rd cruise (5yrs ago with NCL and 21(!) years ago RCI)... things seem to have changed alot...

we chose MT Dining. Are gratuitites added already? is that in addition to this daily $12/day that I am only hearing about on line? No more little envelopes at the end of the trip??? Do you tip when receiving alcoholic drinks? We did not get drink pagkages as we would not drink more than one alc. drink /day... but do remember not enjoying the regular coffee... we pre-ordered 16pk of water for $58 which is seems excessive! Thinking of canceling that as we are bringing along our filter water bottles...

Thanks for your help!

If you have MTD you have already prepaid your gratuities and will not be expected to tip further. You are more than welcome to give to those who have exceeded expectations :D Have a super time!

All bar drinks have gratuities included in the price.

We are sailing on the Grandeur out of Balt, MD tomorrow morning... only our 3rd cruise (5yrs ago with NCL and 21(!) years ago RCI)... things seem to have changed alot...

we chose MT Dining. Are gratuitites added already? is that in addition to this daily $12/day that I am only hearing about on line? No more little envelopes at the end of the trip??? Do you tip when receiving alcoholic drinks? We did not get drink pagkages as we would not drink more than one alc. drink /day... but do remember not enjoying the regular coffee... we pre-ordered 16pk of water for $58 which is seems excessive! Thinking of canceling that as we are bringing along our filter water bottles...

Thanks for your help!

See Bobs post above. Your water also includes the 15%.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Thanks for your help!

Keep in mind the bottles of water are 1 Liter. Make sure you can drink all that if you pay for it. I usually get a 12 pack for a one week cruise and sometimes have some leftover, but then again it's only me usually drinking it.

Edited by sr4mjc

Thanks for your help!

MTD - Gratuities should have already been included at time of booking if you have MTD ( My Time Dining). If your booked Traditional Dining than gratuities will be billed to your Sea Pass daily. No more gratuity envelopes at the end of the cruise with either dining option.

Drink Gratuities - a 15% gratuity will be automatically added to the purchase of any drink whether it's alcohol or non-alcohol

Water Package - the ships tap water is perfectly fine to drink. However don't know if you can cancel the pre-purchased water package since your cruise is tomorrow you'll have to check with Guest services immediately after boarding to see if the package can be canceled.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I would definitely cancel the water package and take a case of water on with you. I have an upright cooler with wheels and put a case of water in it and we have never had an issue. I mean $4 or $5 beats $58 any day! We are sailing on the Allure of the Seas this Sunday and we would usually take our water on, but my son and I are getting the royal replenish package for $140 each and it includes bottled water along with the better coffee and tea plus fresh squeezed orange juice and soda oh and non alcoholic frozen drinks which is right up my alley because I don't drink alcohol. My daughter is purchasing the "alcoholic" package for $385.

Enjoy your cruise.

Don't fret over tips. Since you have prepaid, you have already covered the dining team and housekeeping team. Beverages will have the gratuity added to the bill, so don't worry about that either.

I would cancel the water package. There is plenty of water available around the ship, and you will be bringing your own filtered bottle so convenience won't be an issue. Are you driving to the port? Although RCI's official policy is that you cannot carry on beverages, they usually don't enforce it (except during spring break cruises) and you likely will be able to bring on a reasonable quantity of bottled water and/or soft drinks. A case of bottled water is under $5 - just secure it with extra packing tape, put a luggage tag on it and leave it with the porters along with your checked luggage (give the porter a tip like $5 or $10 depending upon how many bags you have).

Besides the porters, the only other person you might want to tip is the room service delivery person, if you utilize room service.