Should we do it...?

gavinfromlondon

Considering a fairly impulsive booking to go on a five night Disney cruise out of Miami in October (with a couple of nights in Miami too).

We would be flying from the UK with our three year old; do people think we would be mad to do all this for a Disney cruise or is it worth the effort?

We have cruised RCCL, Princess and Silversea in the past but our daughter is Disney Mad!

Considering a fairly impulsive booking to go on a five night Disney cruise out of Miami in October (with a couple of nights in Miami too).

We would be flying from the UK with our three year old; do people think we would be mad to do all this for a Disney cruise or is it worth the effort?

We have cruised RCCL, Princess and Silversea in the past but our daughter is Disney Mad!

Yes go for it, it will be great.

I say

GO FOR IT!!!

You'll all have a great time but your memories of all the fun your daughter will have will be priceless!!!

Take tons of photos and remember to take your camera everywhere, even to dinner. You just never know who you will see.

Many times we have been in an elevator with Goofy or Donald Duck and of course we forgot the camera. Character seem to pop up all over the place.

Been on 3 cruise lines and Disney is still the best!!! Have been on over 25 DCL cruises now.

To enjoy it to the fullest be sure and join the Roll call for your cruise date so you get aquainted with others on your cruise. You might even find another 3 year old to make friends with your daughter to hang out with in the club.

Kathy

Yes, do it. But to he honest, fly into Orlando and cruise out of Port Canaveral instead. I have friends who are big time cruisers out of Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. They would never go to Miami again.

Also, if you are spending all the time and money to fly over, take the extra few days at Disney World.

Have you flown across the pond for just a one week visit before? Has your daughter been on such a long flight (or trip in a car or train) before? Those are the things I would be most worried about.

I take it the price (or timing) of Disney cruises in Europe aren't as favorable as this trip appears to be, and that is why you are considering the extra travel distance?

BTW, I am not sure if the port of Miami is much different or worse than Port Canaveral or Port Everglades (near Ft. Lauderdale). That said, going through customs in the Miami airport may be far worse than Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale airports. But I can't say that for sure.

Edited by Modern_Viking

Have you flown across the pond for just a one week visit before? Has your daughter been on such a long flight (or trip in a car or train) before? Those are the things I would be most worried about.

I take it the price (or timing) of Disney cruises in Europe aren't as favorable as this trip appears to be, and that is why you are considering the extra travel distance?

BTW, I am not sure if the port of Miami is much different or worse than Port Canaveral or Port Everglades (near Ft. Lauderdale). That said, going through customs in the Miami airport may be far worse than Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale airports. But I can't say that for sure.

Cruises in Europe have a very limited summer season outside of that it has to be the USA in the winter.

Well, we have done it! Yes it's a long flight, but my daughter was great on a shorter flight earlier this year and the lure of Mickey and Princesses should be enough to keep her going. The Disney European cruises only really operate on "warm" routes for August, which is prime holiday season in Europe, so this works well for us, especially as means we can get a few days in Miami too. Can't wait to get on that ship now :)

Well, we have done it! Yes it's a long flight, but my daughter was great on a shorter flight earlier this year and the lure of Mickey and Princesses should be enough to keep her going. The Disney European cruises only really operate on "warm" routes for August, which is prime holiday season in Europe, so this works well for us, especially as means we can get a few days in Miami too. Can't wait to get on that ship now :)

Enjoy your trip! And for now, enjoy the anticipation of fun times ahead! :D

I don't know where in the UK you are or if cost is a consideration, but there are some excellent prices on "no frills" airlines between the UK and MCO. There is a direct flight from Gatwick to MCO on Norwegian air and one from Edinburgh to MCO on flyjohncook.com which are under $300 depending on dates, etc. Our friend is flying home for $288 US!