Fantasy - Access to The Bow

cruzeluver

Not on Fantasy class ships. Sorry.

Btw, we did it last year on Holland America's Westerdam going into Glacier Bay in Alaska. Talk about AWESOME! I wish more ships were designed with full access to the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I remember reading that the issue is night time travel. They have to keep the area in front of the bridge dark so the duty officers keep good night vision. If it was a public passenger area, they would have to light it for safety.

Our favorite spot on Fantasy Class ships is sitting on the windows in front of the mini golf course. It's dark, great for star watching and not overly populated. On the Fantasy this past May there were several people who brought pillows out to make the "seats" more comfortable.

I remember reading that the issue is night time travel. They have to keep the area in front of the bridge dark so the duty officers keep good night vision. If it was a public passenger area, they would have to light it for safety.

You can go up there at night on the Triumph, Conquest, Dream and Sunshine classes. It is a public passenger area and it must be kept dark but you can still go up there at night. It's really neat up there if there is a full moon.

You can go one deck below the bridge and I think two more decks down. At the very bow of the ship is an area for crew only. There is a small hot tub and some deck chairs for them. During the day you'll see a few crew members out there sunning themselves.

Edited by RWolver672

You can go up there at night on the Triumph, Conquest, Dream and Sunshine classes. It is a public passenger area and it must be kept dark but you can still go up there at night. It's really neat up there if there is a full moon.

You can go one deck below the bridge and I think two more decks down. At the very bow of the ship is an area for crew only. There is a small hot tub and some deck chairs for them. During the day you'll see a few crew members out there sunning themselves.

I know those decks, but I never really called them the bow.

I personally prefer them under the new moon to see the stars.