NCL Pearl 11/4/14 - Grammy Festival at Sea - Did I mess up?

TAYLORCPA

I booked this cruise not knowing it was a chartered music cruise.

It will be DH, MIL, DS7, DD6, and me in a 2 BR suite. How will this affect our cruise experience? Will they overtake the pool deck? I wish I could find a schedule so that I know what areas to avoid. Any tips?

I just called NCL and evidently it is only partially chartered. I asked about the pool area and she said it would remain in tact. There is a fully chartered cruise right after mine and she did mention that the pool area might be closed for that cruise, but not for mine.

If I get on the ship and it is otherwise, I will not be a happy camper!!!!

Hmmm, that is interesting about the pool area. I was on a sixthman cruise last year and also again this cruise and I would think once they build the stage area - it will stay for the whole duration of the sixthman cruises which start the very end of October for the KISS Kruise and end 11/16 for the Simple Man cruise which I am sailing on. I am actually really surprised that you were able to book. I guess this cruise is not selling that great. Since this cruise is "partially" chartered as they told you - you might want to check more into it as the sixthman cruises do not have regular cruise activities. Here is the site if you have not seen it yet with info about the cruise:

[url]http://www.grammyfestivalatsea.com/[/url] Edited by dolfinmusic

The below is from the website:

How does a partial charter affect our event?

A partial charter means about half of the guests on board will be GRAMMY Festival at Sea guests, while the other half will be regular Norwegian cruisers.
Regular Norwegian cruisers will be sailing at a lesser rate but will NOT have access to the vast majority of our GRAMMY Festival at Sea programming.
Our GRAMMY Festival at Sea community will have exclusive use of spaces for our shows and our activities. During programming, these areas, including the two main theaters, will be off limits to cruisers not wearing our credentials.

The bottom line is, your experience on board will not change significantly. Our awesome artist lineup will remain intact. All guests will receive the promised experiences you can’t find anywhere else: live music with your favorite artists, Q&A sessions, spontaneous artist collaborations and jam sessions all in an intimate setting with your friends new and old. Not to mention the luxury amenities at your fingertips offered by Norwegian Pearl herself.

I guess I will just wait and see. I'll be in enjoying the suite life so I really don't think I'll care!

[quote name='TAYLORCPA']Regular Norwegian cruisers will be sailing at a lesser rate but will NOT have access to the vast majority of our GRAMMY Festival at Sea programming.
Our GRAMMY Festival at Sea community will have exclusive use of spaces for our shows and our activities. During programming, these areas, including the two main theaters, will be off limits to cruisers not wearing our credentials.
[/QUOTE]

This means a good portion of the ship will be closed and off limits to you during their event times.
There are NOT two 'main theaters' on that ship... so that probably means the Stardust and the Spinnaker...

[QUOTE]I'll be in enjoying the suite life so I really don't think I'll care![/QUOTE]

Great...you will be with all the rock stars that are always put up in Suites. :p
Party on, Garth... all night long. Edited by computerworks

I have so much conflicting information. Sixth man says they only have about 650 people signed up for the cruise and that there will be a stage set up over the pool. NCL says they get notification if an event will occur during normal hours and they have no knowledge of the pool being off limits.

I did change my cabin to be under the library instead of the pool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL does own Sixthman.
I would say chances are there will be no ship shows in the theater as there were concerts in the theater every night. There will most likely be a few concerts on the pool deck every day too. Any of those shows you should be able to see unless you have no interest. They also had a stage set up in the atrium and where the bars are. But since there are only 650 for the charter, it might be different.

[quote name='computerworks']
Great...you will be with all the rock stars that are always put up in Suites. :p
Party on, Garth... all night long.[/QUOTE]

Heart, Emmylou Harris, Indigo Girls, Shawn Colvin, Estelle, Skylar Grey...

Not exactly guitar-busting, heavy-drinking, cocaine-snorting, hide-the-children types there. You might get a nice brush with celebrity.
(My wife ended up on a plane with a female pop star once, got diverted and was invited to dinner with them. Pleasant, normal conversation.)

We were on the Pearl last year with a partial charter and it was really nice. The charter group put on a couple of performances at the pool and many of the guests brought their own instruments so we got to hear and see the jam sessions. They were as good as the professionals !!

The performances in the theater were off limits to the regular guests, but they were scheduled so they didn't interfere with the regular entertainment.

I would do it again in a heartbeat !!!!