Ultimate Dining Package Questions

gstratus

that's good to know, we just added the all inclusive option to our cruise next Aug, and like the idea of apps at one place, then a later meal

No reason not to do it that way - if you'd like! There have been several posts by others that have done the exactly same thing. ;)

It's not that complicated. When you make your reservations, you will make them under one person's name, and then enter the number in the party. It doesn't care who the other people are that are joining you, or whether or not they have the UDP.

Here is an example from when we booked our reservations for Cagney's. My husband had UDP, so the cost for the entire party at the time of booking was $0. If when he arrives with 2 people he just met the day before who don't have UDP, they would be charged at that time.

ncl_zps6e484fea.jpg

Did you sail recently? When we were on the Epic in June of 2013 Prime Rib and jumbo crab cakes had been discontinued. Is the image shown a recent image from the NCL website?

Did you sail recently? When we were on the Epic in June of 2013 Prime Rib and jumbo crab cakes had been discontinued. Is the image shown a recent image from the NCL website?

Yeah, if you look on there, the dining was being reserved for 6/5/2014. And despite what it says, no, Cagney's had no prime rib or crab cakes. NCL just hasn't updated the info that appears there (which I'd never even noticed until you pointed it out.) I'll be booking dining again in a week or so. I'll check to see if it still says that. For what it's worth, prime rib is available a couple nights in O'Sheehan's.

Edited by LrgPizza

Yeah, if you look on there, the dining was being reserved for 6/5/2014. And despite what it says, no, Cagney's had no prime rib or crab cakes. NCL just hasn't updated the info that appears there (which I'd never even noticed until you pointed it out.) I'll be booking dining again in a week or so. I'll check to see if it still says that. For what it's worth, prime rib is available a couple nights in O'Sheehan's.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Not at any specialty venue. If you read the terms in the post above yours, you only have to pay the $10 for extra entree in Cagney's or Le Bistro.

I had this conversation on another dining thread with someone and though the same thing but was corrected by many people who have done the UDP and was told the charge is only for multiple entrees in these 2 restaurants not for the up charge items. You can order any item off the menu including the up charge ones at no cost.

I had this conversation on another dining thread with someone and though the same thing but was corrected by many people who have done the UDP and was told the charge is only for multiple entrees in these 2 restaurants not for the up charge items. You can order any item off the menu including the up charge ones at no cost.

Yes, you just quoted me to say the exact same thing I had said. I made no mention of up charge items. I was addressing ordering an extra entree, which is exactly what I said when I quoted a response about that.

Edited by LrgPizza

Yes, you just quoted me to say the exact same thing I had said. I made no mention of up charge items. I was addressing ordering an extra entree, which is exactly what I said when I quoted a response about that.

My apologies, thats what happens when you start reading things at 4 in the morning lol

I have a question, we, wife and I, received the UDP as part of a free promotion but our kids 12 and 7 did not, would I have to pay for the kids to get just an app or dessert without getting an entre. They would get an entre at one of the restaurants, they won't eat off the kids menu and I won't make them eat off the kids menu anyway.

If it's going to cost me $10-15 each to get just an app or dessert that my not be a good option.

Is there an option to purchase the UDP for the kids once I get to the ship?

Thanks

I have a question, we, wife and I, received the UDP as part of a free promotion but our kids 12 and 7 did not, would I have to pay for the kids to get just an app or dessert without getting an entre. They would get an entre at one of the restaurants, they won't eat off the kids menu and I won't make them eat off the kids menu anyway.

If it's going to cost me $10-15 each to get just an app or dessert that my not be a good option.

Is there an option to purchase the UDP for the kids once I get to the ship?

Thanks

We received the same promotion but to buy it would cost 119 per person. We are sailing the 1st week of December and the option for our sailing is available for purchase on line now. Don't think there is a child's option.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Kids can eat free off the kids menu but if they order off the regular menu they are charged.

Our Kids are older now but in the past it has varied if we have been charged from ship to ship and restaurant to restaurant. They are supposed to be charged but we have been charged 50% off sometimes and sometimes not charged. But we always went in expecting to be charged.

Kids can eat free off the kids menu but if they order off the regular menu they are charged.

Our Kids are older now but in the past it has varied if we have been charged from ship to ship and restaurant to restaurant. They are supposed to be charged but we have been charged 50% off sometimes and sometimes not charged. But we always went in expecting to be charged.

I have a few questions:

I have an upcoming 10 night cruise and the UDP stated is $164. Is taxes included in this price?

For kids, can parents just share their entree with them so that they don't have to pay? (Not really my issue as my girl is just 1 year old but just thinking).

I read here that we can order pizza to go with UDP. Can we order anything/everything to go with UDP or just pizza? So there will be no stopping to share with the family in the room?

I am really considering buying UDP but this will surely add to my waistline. Haha. Guess all other recreation time onboard will be the gym. :)

I have read you can use the UDP on the first night for Cirque. Is that the night you board or the first full day? Also, does UDP cover the Nickelodeon breakfast?

Thanks!

We had UDP in May and booked the included Cirque show for embarkation day. There was no charge. I believe that is the only day it is included.

(Our sailing was the one where the BA was stuck in the Hudson and delayed the previous passengers disembarking and us embarking, so sail away wasn't until 6pm. Due to our 5:45 Cirque reservation, we missed watching the bridge and Statue of Liberty. I promised myself I

won't miss it on my upcoming Gem

cruise! )

I have read you can use the UDP on the first night for Cirque. Is that the night you board or the first full day? Also, does UDP cover the Nickelodeon breakfast?

Thanks!

.....which is embarkation day, the Cirque show is usually discounted 25% for those that don't have the UDP. For those that do, you can go the same night for free.

UDP does not cover the Nickelodeon Breakfast.

wasiii

The first thing I booked when the was the sailaway night Cirque Dinner as soon as the reservations online opened. I figured that once UDP folks realised those first night two shows are gratis there'd be a stampede.

I have a few questions:

I have an upcoming 10 night cruise and the UDP stated is $164. Is taxes included in this price?

For kids, can parents just share their entree with them so that they don't have to pay? (Not really my issue as my girl is just 1 year old but just thinking).

I read here that we can order pizza to go with UDP. Can we order anything/everything to go with UDP or just pizza? So there will be no stopping to share with the family in the room?

I am really considering buying UDP but this will surely add to my waistline. Haha. Guess all other recreation time onboard will be the gym. :)

Kids can order for free off the kids menu in any of the pay restaurants, they have things like nuggets, pasta, mac and cheese etc.

We are a party of four (two staterooms). I have already pre-purchased the UDP for our stateroom and booked a table of four every night. Our friends traveling with us have not yet purchased the UDP, but plan to. Since I've already got them "covered" with my reservations for table of four, is there any reason they should purchase their UDP in advance vs. buying on board? Is the UDP capacity controlled?

Edited by BEAV

We are a party of four (two staterooms). I have already pre-purchased the UDP for our stateroom and booked a table of four every night. Our friends traveling with us have not yet purchased the UDP, but plan to. Since I've already got them "covered" with my reservations for table of four, is there any reason they should purchase their UDP in advance vs. buying on board? Is the UDP capacity controlled?

That's a good question. NCL says there is "limited availability", but I've yet to hear of anyone who tried to purchase it that wasn't able to.

The first thing I booked when the was the sailaway night Cirque Dinner as soon as the reservations online opened. I figured that once UDP folks realised those first night two shows are gratis there'd be a stampede.

Did you do this when first getting on the ship or online? Is it advertised on the ship?

Thanks