Mercury Mexican Riviera from San Diego

Sinkevich

My first cruise - taking 10 nights to Mexican Riviera. Are we allowed to bring on board wine or other "booze" (to be opened in the room)? Also, how many formal nights can we expect on a 10 night trip? Has anyone had a bad experience in booking the "Y" Category rooms? We opted for the least expensive, ocean view room, I believe they call it "run of the ship". Thanks for any info.

Yes, you can bring wine onboard. If you want it taken to the diningroom, ask your cabin steward. There will be a $15.00 corkage fee per bottle.

I've never booked a "Y" class cabin, so I can't answer that question...

What date are you cruising? 10/21?

We will be on the Oct. 31 sailing. We booked a guarantee category. When you fill out your on-line boarding info, your stateroom will probably be listed. Celebrity usually assigns staterooms right away.

Check and see!!:)

Sandy

There are 3 formal nights on the 10 nighter! Bring a jacket & long pants, it can get cold coming & going from San Diego that time of year--we were VERY cold last November but that was an unusual occurance for their weather!!!

Hi, I am on the same sailing date as you are. My mom and I just booked a guarantee inside stateroom, as the price was soooooooooooo good. I haven't had an inside room since 1979, but figure I can take it, for the extra nights on board (10, YIPEE) and the cool ports.

You all, please go and put your post under the roll call for Celebrity- for 11/11, if we have 25 people, Celebrity will pop for a get together for us because we are Cruise Critic people! That is a fun incentive!!

I am 52, and am cruising with my mom who is 73. I work in law enforcement and mom is retired.

I am trying to put a group together for a half day sightseeing in Mazatlan. I have hired Mazatlan Frank, who is known around the boards here. He has an air conditioned Suburban and will take 6 adults. I have taken the spot for 2, if you would be interested in joining us, please let me know. It would be about a 3-4 tour, then you would have time in port to do other things like shop, lunch, etc. Give it a thought....

Drop me some mail and let me know where you are from, and about you!!! Can't wait to meet you!!!

Marci/a911Chick

The only difference between the Y (GTY) and a Cat 8 Oceanview is they pick the exact cabin, not you (and $250+). I have done it the past 3 cruises with no problem. You will probably be on the lowest deck, which we like because it is more stable. As for booze, when loading 6 to 8 thousand pieces of luggage they do not have the time to check what you are bringing aboard. Wine is OK per eariler post. They will scan carry-ons. If you buy booze in port they will take it and store it until the last night at sea. For me, it is not worth the trouble for the few bucks. Expect 3 formal nights on this one. See you on board.

Archived