St.Petersburg-seeking your opinions on the sights!

I think It will be great to get Matroshka doll master class in a Russian family with children. Lunch in a Russian family also sounds good. Am I right? Did anyone book the master class or lunch in a Russian family?

Thank you! Jess :)

We just returned from 2 days in St. Petersburg on our cruise. We were on RSSC Voyager and tours are included but we opted to do a private tour as none of them got us to all the sites we had identified that were must sees!

I cannot say enough for Ludmila Illyina who is with Alex's Tours and Ludmilla Tours - http://www.ludmila-tours.com. I don't think I have ever been with someone that is so knowledgeable on all the sites and history. She also had all the inside lanes on all of the heavy tourist areas where you will see mile long lines! We never waited in any line at any attraction.

We selected Alex's Tours based on comments in the boards and their 2 day tour package covered the most sites. We were last minute booking on the cruise so did not have an opportunity to connect with other passengers to join us but found their price well worth every dollar (or ruble!). The 2nd day we modified the tour some and she was quite flexible on that. The car was very comfortable and the driver was great as well. This helped in dropping us at one entrance and picking us up on the other side.