To Haven Or Not To Haven

TheTourVan

Thank you...that is what I thought, I just wanted to clarify as I was confused by post #5 that states ALL suites get extra amenities.

Right. The key is that a mini-suite is NOT a suite under NCL's categories.

You need to stop confusing things. A mini-suite is NOT a suite. Furthermore, on the older ships, there are numerous suites that do not have Haven access, but do have amenities including priority boarding, access to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, and butler and concierge service.

What the heck is wrong with you???? Is there some reason why you cannot be pleasant? You should be absolutely sure that you are never wrong before you take that tone in a forum!

A mini suite is a suite...it has the name suite as part of the description. It is however not a Haven suite and not included for Haven Perks. A Haven Spa Suite gives access to both the Spa and the Haven Perks. Only cabins with an H prefix have Haven access and Haven Perks. an M9 does not have access to the Haven or any Haven Perks ( or on some smaller ships - suite Perks).

At this point, I will check out of this thread as this is the first and only time since joining c.c that another poster has responded in a nasty manner to one of my posts. Totally not necessary.

My apologies to anyone I might have confused by trying to give feedback to a question. It may be a while before I make that mistake again.

A mini suite is a suite...it has the name suite as part of the description.

A mini-suite is absolutely not a suite for the purposes of discussing suite perks onboard the ship -- which is the only definition that matters. The mini-suite enjoys exactly zero suite perks.

The confusion that the term "mini-suite" creates has been discussed here many, many times.

Edited by triptolemus

What the heck is wrong with you???? Is there some reason why you cannot be pleasant? You should be absolutely sure that you are never wrong before you take that tone in a forum!

A mini suite is a suite...it has the name suite as part of the description. It is however not a Haven suite and not included for Haven Perks. A Haven Spa Suite gives access to both the Spa and the Haven Perks. Only cabins with an H prefix have Haven access and Haven Perks. an M9 does not have access to the Haven or any Haven Perks ( or on some smaller ships - suite Perks).

At this point, I will check out of this thread as this is the first and only time since joining c.c that another poster has responded in a nasty manner to one of my posts. Totally not necessary.

My apologies to anyone I might have confused by trying to give feedback to a question. It may be a while before I make that mistake again.

I apologize if you thought I was being nasty, but your posts were confusing people. As the poster above said, the term mini-suite has caused a lot of confusion over the years and talking about it as a suite only adds to the confusion. It is, under NCL's classifications, not a category of suite.

The problem with you stating that only Haven suites get perks is that it is untrue in the smaller, older ships. On Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway, all suites have Haven access and all suite amenities regardless of where they are located. On smaller ships such as Jewel, Pearl, Gem, Star, Jade, etc, there are two types of suites. Haven (formerly courtyard) suites have access to the private Haven area as well as all suite amenities. Other suites (categories starting with S) have suite amenities such as priority embarkation, breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, and butler and concierge service. So, there are suites on ships without Haven access which do have all other suite amenities.

To make it as simple as possible. If the room category starts with H, there is Haven access. If it starts with S, it has suite amenities but not Haven access. And if it is a Spa suite, it has Spa access as well as suite amenities.