Signatures Menu onboard Voyager!!!

Whoever is interested, the link shows you the new Signatures Menu onboard the Seven Seas Voyager! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[url="http://cruzwiz.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=8281032&f=463102506&m=781108246&r=781108246#781108246"]Signatures Menu[/url]

I can vouch for the TOURNEDOS ROSSINI, BOUQUETIERE DE LEGUMES GLACES, SAUCE PERIGUEUX. That's the main course we prepared in the cordon bleu class and even this vegetarian had to have a taste.

While I was disappointed at the quality of some of the RSSC suppliers, i.e. farm raised salmon and Smithfield pork (yuk), the quality of the beef we cooked was outstanding. I would never have guessed that it had been frozen and thawed. If you have the opportunity to try this dish, don't miss it! I think you'll be more than pleased!

JoAnne

Outatsea, thanks much for the postings with the menus for the Paul Gaugin and the Voyager. A large group of us are booked on the Voyager in September/04 and the Paul Gaugin in December/05. Will be our 3rd and 4th RSSC cruises respectively. This gives us something to look forward to as we count down the days. Thanks much.

You are right! We did the Baltic last August on Voyager. At that time, according to the chef, all meat was shipped to the ship from the US (I presume due to the Mad Cow scare). We found the food service to be SUPERB. So much so we board Voyager on 6/27 for 13 days in the Norwegian fjords.

Patrick

According to the chef all food comes from the US. The only exception is where there is a ban on US foodstuff such as beef in Japan. In that case they brought on South American beef. All meat is frozen, but as I said you would never know it.

To show the quality of service, a friend and I were dining in the casual restaurant and an elderly couple was seated with us. The gentleman had obviously had a stroke and his wife was very doting. After the meal, she requested mint tea...not a tea bag, but fresh mint. A few minutes later a small plate of fresh mint leaves arrived at the table with a pot of hot water. I was flabbergasted (try that on the mass cruise lines)until the galley tour when I saw plastic tubs of fresh herbs that put my herb garden to shame. That's what I call service.

JoAnne

Archived