Why the long lines at Guest Services on 1st day?

kay1864

Our ship sailed full. Long lines at GS. Were these people that were wanting an upgrade? I thought those were made before you checked in at the port, and you got your "upgraded" room key then.

What are most people doing at GS that first day?

Our ship sailed full. Long lines at GS. Were these people that were wanting an upgrade? I thought those were made before you checked in at the port, and you got your "upgraded" room key then.

What are most people doing at GS that first day?

Some are putting cash deposits on SS Card so they can start drinking.

Last cruise, forthe first time we had to go to brave the GS line on the first day -- OBC wasn't showing on our account.

We had purchased FTTF, which grants the privilege of using the VIP line, so we were able to walk right up.

There was a Platinum "lady" who stepped up behind us and made a (loud!) scene because we were only gold, yet were in the VIP line. Both the GS agent and I tried to tell her about FTTF, but she wouldn't listen. We finally just decided to ignore her harping.

My 4 year old son left his backpack with his favorite stuffed animal on the gangway when we took our welcome aboard photos last year on the Dream. We went to Guest Services when we discovered this shortly after sail away to ask them to hold it for us when we returned after the cruise. They went into the office and produced the backpack! We had FTTF, and it saved us at least 30 minutes in line (I noticed the first night and last night lines are enormous).

I've been having to go to GS on my last few cruises because my credit card wouldn't work. I discovered on my last cruise that since they changed the system your credit card name has to match your cruise name and the one I've been using has my middle name on it.

In the future I'll post one that uses my first name.

My 4 year old son left his backpack with his favorite stuffed animal on the gangway when we took our welcome aboard photos last year on the Dream. We went to Guest Services when we discovered this shortly after sail away to ask them to hold it for us when we returned after the cruise. They went into the office and produced the backpack! We had FTTF, and it saved us at least 30 minutes in line (I noticed the first night and last night lines are enormous).

Having a 3 1/2 year old, I can only imagine how that must have been. Did they get you the backpack and stuffed animal before the cruise left or after you got back? I think my DD would have had a mini meltdown. I definitely would have had to hit up the gift shop for something to distract her.

Having a 3 1/2 year old, I can only imagine how that must have been. Did they get you the backpack and stuffed animal before the cruise left or after you got back? I think my DD would have had a mini meltdown. I definitely would have had to hit up the gift shop for something to distract her.

We didn't discover the backpack was missing until after sail away. Someone had grabbed the backpack and took it to guest services (it was a carry-on and not tagged at all). At Guest Services, they asked us to described the backpack, and then they walked into the office and gave it to us! Needless to say, we were surprised and delighted to find it there - as it saved us a trip to the gift shop, and hours of crying.

We didn't discover the backpack was missing until after sail away. Someone had grabbed the backpack and took it to guest services (it was a carry-on and not tagged at all). At Guest Services, they asked us to described the backpack, and then they walked into the office and gave it to us! Needless to say, we were surprised and delighted to find it there - as it saved us a trip to the gift shop, and hours of crying.

Yeah that is what I was imagining. We probably would have had to make a gift store trip, plus some crying as well. Trying to explain to a young child that we cannot just "go back and get it" is not easy.

I've had to visit guest services the first day to move obc around when it was only applied to one person or not applied evenly when there were 3 people in our cabin.

We also had an issue applying a Carnival gift card and had to get it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our Breeze cruise last month were went to GS on the first day right after sailing away to report a cabin below us where quite a few people were shouting profanities from the balcony (and believe me I can swear like a sailor so it takes a lot to offend me)and tossing many cigarette butts over the balcony which then blew back onto the ship. With just the swearing I was going to chalk it up to youthful excitement but when i saw these fools could kill someone with their errant butts if they started a fire I felt I had to do somehting.

To their credit security came to my cabin immediately after we reported it and saw for themselves and took care of it right away.

Edited by shipty2

Having a 19 year old, I can definitely imagine. We weren't on the ship a whole hour before my *little* girl lost her iPhone. Crying & full blown meltdown ensued .. lol

I prayed to every God I could think of ... Poseidon included ... while waiting in that realllllly long line at GS. By the time it was my turn, to both my amazement and utter disbelief, someone had turned it in. She described it, unlocked it, and showed one of her 8477363728 selfies on it, and we free to go.

I'm pretty sure that one amazing crew member that turned it in single-handedly saved our vacation. Lol