San Francisco - Good tour to Wine Country and Yosemite

Cathy Maneri

I'm doing a post cruise vacation in San Francisco in April 2007.

I need a good tour company for a luxury motorcoach tour to the Wine Country and Yosemite from San Francisco.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've already looked into Blue and Gold Tours (recommened in a tour book) and Alcatraz tours.

Thanks for your help.

Which Wine Country? If you are talking about Napa/Sonoma, you probably are looking at a separate tour from Yosemite, since they are in two different directions from San Francisco. How much time do you have? It is at least a 6 hour drive one way to Yosemite.

I would recommend renting a car and going on your own. You really don't need a tour company to see either area. You can do Napa & Sonoma in a (long) day trip from San Francisco, but if you want to see much, plan on staying overnight. Not much of Yosemite except the Valley is accessible in April....Toulemne Meadows and the Tioga Pass road are still snowed in at that time of year. It is still late winter in Yosemite in April...spring flowers don't really come out until late May. You can visit the Gold Country and the wineries along state route 49 on your way to Yosemite if you want to add another few hours or a day to your drive.

• 1 month later...

I can understand why you want to be "driven" on a tour to the wine country. ;) We stayed a few nights last summer in Santa Rosa in Sonoma County and went to Korbel Champagne Cellars. I can highly recommend their tour and their champagne (very upset that it is not exported to the UK but it is available from the NCL wine list :D ). Sorry this doesn't help with which tour to chose but it may help in deciding where to visit.

Archived