Can suite guests make reservations in MDR?

TAYLORCPA

I don't remember seeing this as a perk but it would be so nice if we could reserve a time in one of the main dining rooms. We are in a SC (2BR).

I can on my upcoming Breakaway cruise and I am in a Haven Spa Suite.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I don't remember seeing this as a perk but it would be so nice if we could reserve a time in one of the main dining rooms. We are in a SC (2BR).

Everyone can reserve a time now. I'm not sure how far in advance (we've never done it) but we're in a suite on Nov. 20 and the option is available now. I think it's just 45 days for regular cabins. When you log onto MyNCL you'll see the main dining room listed along with the specialty restaurants for advance reservations. Available times when I looked at it for our cruise were 530, 630, 730 and 830.

Do you think we would be able to make same day reservations? I am sure that if everyone can make reservations my concierge could get me my time. :;)

We traveled last month with family staying in a Haven suite on the Pearl. They were able to get same day reservations for the time they desired through the concierge. It just got a little confusing sometimes if there was a line, you had to wait in it. Once up there you would get seated right away.

We were on the Dawn in May in a suite, called down for ressies to one of the MDR, they told me there werent any tables available for the time we requested, (only about 45 minutes ahead of time), called the concierge and he arranged it for us.

We have asked our concierge for dinner reservations in main dining room in the afternoon for that night. Never had a problem and if he or she can, they will get you a table by the window. If we have gone and there was a line we just politely approached the hostess and said we gave reservations, should we wait in the line? They took us right in. If there's a particular time you want to eat every night I would think if you ask the concierge once you board it can be worked out. You may not get the same table every night but I can't see a problem always having one available. Enjoy!

Unless you are sailing with Carnival!

You are absolutely correct. But remember, just because the name has "suite" in does not make it a suite!

Here that NCL?

;)

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app