A/C question about Triumph, particularly room 9218

HoustonLisa50

Hi, I've been reading that Carnival keeps the rooms in the 70-75 degree range on some of their ships. I have problems regulating my temperature so for me, I would be miserable if that's true.

Does anyone have any info on how the a/c is in the rooms on the Triumph? We're in room 9218, Lido deck balcony, on October 6th out of Galveston.

I plan on bringing a fan and hopefully they won't confiscate it. It sounds like I'll need it.

This is my first cruise so I'm hoping what I read isn't true.

Thanks,

Lisa

I can't speak for your actual cabin but we were forward on the Empress deck on the Triumph last August and found the AC to be ok once the ship got underway. While in port though, the room was REALLY warm to me. I get those wonderful hot flashes and wasn't uncomfortable sleeping but I plan to bring a fan next time just in case.

I went on a 5-day Triumph in February - Deck 8 balcony. I'm in my mid 40's. There wasn't one night where I wasn't sleeping with all the covers up to my ears and wishing I could close the vent. The vent was already as closed as it was going to get. The Triumph cabins are kept cold; the halls were warmer.

I'm always freezing on board, every cruise ship I have been on..including the Triumph. We were a deck above and I was cold in the room and all public areas except outside. Of course, I am the girl at the office with a heater under her desk all day :(

Hi, I've been reading that Carnival keeps the rooms in the 70-75 degree range on some of their ships. I have problems regulating my temperature so for me, I would be miserable if that's true.

Does anyone have any info on how the a/c is in the rooms on the Triumph? We're in room 9218, Lido deck balcony, on October 6th out of Galveston.

I plan on bringing a fan and hopefully they won't confiscate it. It sounds like I'll need it.

This is my first cruise so I'm hoping what I read isn't true.

Thanks,

Lisa

i was in 9246 on triumph - so close... and it was actually rather comfortable.

triumph is one of the ships that just has the dial / damper on the vent that just controls how much air comes through it. open it all the way and it stays relatively cool...

the ships with the 'newer' thermostat type things on the wall - which i reality i believe actually just control a similar damper, seem to have more problems with temperature than the lower tech counterparts, triumph included.