FTTF and tenders

KatieBug28

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, just starting to post. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a tender question. If I purchase FTTF, I know that allows me priority for tenders TO port, but what about returning to the ship?

A little background: my dad has multiple sclerosis, and the heat really does a number on him. He can walk just fine, but I'm worried about him standing out in the hot sun forever while we wait for a tender. We'll be in Cabo San Lucas for 2 days, using tenders the whole time.

If FTTF won't work, is there some other way to help him? He doesn't need to be first in line for the tender if he can wait somewhere out of the sun, so would something like that be an option?

I appreciate any ideas you guys may have! Hoping FTTF also helps us get on more quickly in Long Beach so he won't have a super long wait. I have emailed Carnival's special needs department about embarkation, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, just starting to post. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a tender question. If I purchase FTTF, I know that allows me priority for tenders TO port, but what about returning to the ship?

A little background: my dad has multiple sclerosis, and the heat really does a number on him. He can walk just fine, but I'm worried about him standing out in the hot sun forever while we wait for a tender. We'll be in Cabo San Lucas for 2 days, using tenders the whole time.

If FTTF won't work, is there some other way to help him? He doesn't need to be first in line for the tender if he can wait somewhere out of the sun, so would something like that be an option?

I appreciate any ideas you guys may have! Hoping FTTF also helps us get on more quickly in Long Beach so he won't have a super long wait. I have emailed Carnival's special needs department about embarkation, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Unfortunately, no speediness with FTTF on the return tender. I would inquire with Carnival special needs to see if they can be of some assistance.

It is a covered area in Cabo where you get on your return tender. I would recommend on the first day maybe coming back a little earlier to beat the crowds. The second day is not that big an issue since people come and go and various times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

you should also go over to the roll call boards and see if there is anyone else sailing when you guys do. Great way to meet new friends. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331

I see you have two days in Cabo so I know you will not be sailing when we do. We are doing a B2B Jan. 4 and Jan 10, 2015. Have fun and enjoy.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I really appreciate it.

I have contacted Carnival, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. It's been about 3 days, is that unusual? Do I need to bug them again?

We are planning on the Oct. 10, 2015 sailing, so it looks like we'll miss some of you! We did the same itinerary a couple of years ago and loved it. I do remember there being a covered waiting area near the tender, but it seemed like it was still sweltering! I will keep checking and see what we can figure out. He's very good about staying in the shade and wearing "cool max" type clothing, but he would never ask for any type of special treatment (which is why I'm asking for him!). This is my parents' first cruise, and I'm hoping to win them over. Hopefully if I can keep him cool he'll have a great time!