Karaoke on Divina???

Karaoke_Nadine

Can anyone tell me if karaoke is available on the Divina??? I would also like to know if so, are the selections of songs small, current, CD's or computer???

I am booked on Divina April 4th 2015...... sailing the Caribbean. I'm booked in cabin #8097 and would like to know if there are larger balcony cabins than what I already have. There are 3 of us (adults) and we are not small people...lol. I'd like to know if I should upgrade to a slightly bigger cabin.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Nadine

Nadine, I was on the August 9 Divina sailing. There was 1 night that had karaoke, starting at 10:30pm. We went down there about 10:45 and it was SO CROWDED in there, holy crap. Every couch, chair and barstool was taken and then it was 3-4 people deep standing around the edge of the dance floor where the singer was. There was no way I would have been able to sing, I'm sure that dozens had signed up by then. Since it was so crowded, the people singing had to have felt some pressure because hundreds of eyes were looking at them.

We left after about 10 min because it's just not fun to stand around looking at other people's backs all crammed in like that.

I heard from another passenger the next day that security had to be called because two families started arguing about the floor space they were taking up. Lord. I'm glad we left.

I understand the Divina and MSC trying to keep it classy with live music in the bars and lounges every night, but there was an obvious interest and demand for karaoke, which costs them practically nothing to do......

We were also on the Divina last week and attended Karaoke night. It was extremely crowded but we stayed for most of the evening. We were near the "fight" as well. It was a shame that there are adults that do not know how to speak politely to others...it was quite the scene.

There was a huge selection of songs, and there were songs in different languages to accommodate everyone. I would get there early to get a seat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Nadine, You're in luck, they had karaoke 3 times last week on the Divina, including once out on the deck. :)

Found the thread Maureen....thanks. Weird how I'm not notified of additional postings on this thread.

Someone else said after your post that there was only one night. I'm sure they are changing frequently.