Jewel Deck 7 Forward Balconies

We sail the Jewel in two weeks. We have a forward balcony on deck seven. We know about the larger balconies. If you have sailed in one of these, how is the ride? We usually stay mid-ship, but we are way up front this time!

Would like to hear experiences in these cabins, good or bad. Thanks

We were on Serenade (same class as Jewel) once in the most forward stateroom on deck 10. While it was the most motion we've ever experienced on a cruise, it was also the roughest weather.

Bob is right.....the motion is going to depend on the weather. And in two weeks....it might get interesting! We'll be right there with you! We are forward as well, but not as far as you are.

We've had one of those cabins before....and I believe it was on he Jewel. I liked the balcony. The divider between the balconies does not go all the way out, so there is a little loss of privacy there, but it didn't bother me at all. The extra space was nice.

Please elaborate. What is significant about deck 7, foward balcony cabins?

How much "motion of the ocean" are we talking? How much loss of privacy?

Concerned. :(

The balconies are larger, but the balcony dividers are the same as the rest of the ship resulting in a foot or two of railing extending from the divider to the main exterior railing. If someone is standing on the corner of the balcony I suppose they could easily look into your stateroom if they decided to.

We are social people so we are not too worried about getting to know our neighbors. We actually look forward to the spacious balcony.

The front of a ship usually has a little more motion than the center of the ship, but again, not a huge difference. I prefer the motion of the front over the vibrations of the aft. Mid ship low is generally the best ride.

Edited by Richjoxyz

These are our favorite balconies - have been in those cabins on Radiance, Jewel, and Brilliance several times. We're usually in 7040 or 7540, but on our last Brilliance cruise we were with a large group that extended forward to 7520, and our friends in that cabin had no complaints.

We're going to be in Cabin 7524 on Enchantment in October and hope this isn't too far forward, because we have 7526 booked for April of next year.

Yes, the divider doesn't go out as far and potentially there could be a privacy problem, but we've always found our neighbors to be friendly but careful not to encroach on our space as we are careful not to encroach on theirs.

The Jewel is our favorite ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Margy