Fitness Centre questions

Geology_Rocks

1) How busy are the gyms on a typical cruise? I imagine there are busier and slower times of day, can you give me any insight on that?

2) Are there time restrictions on the cardio equipment?

3) How are the fitness classes?

Thanks!

I would guess it would depend on what ship you were on and the time of day. My son and I were on the Fascination last month. We would get up, eat a snack from room service and then head to the gym around 10 in the morning. The first day of the cruise there were people wondering in and out who from the looks on their faces have never been in a gym which made it a little busy. They would try some of the machines and then leave. After that, there were only a handful of people there each of the other days we went. The best day was the day we were in port and we had the gym to ourselves.

As for time restrictions, since there were always machines available, I don't think there was a need for any time restrictions and I did not see any. I guess if the gym was packed then they might impose them.

We never took or saw any of the fitness classes so I can not answer that.

Sea days are really crowded. I think I remember seeing a 30 min use restriction on the machines, but not sure. Also not sure anyone adheres to that. I took a couple of spin classes. Class was good, but bikes were old and not the typical ones you see. Maybe they've upgraded them.

I would advise to go on off times and it is normally busier in the beginning of the week and slowly dies down towards the end of the cruise;) I have never had a time limit put on the machines, but as the PP mentioned if it is a busy time they might. I have only taken Yoga and it was very good, geared towards all levels.

In my experience it is busiest on first port day around 8-10 am. Towards the end of the cruise, it dies out.

However, my last cruise was just the opposite. It was busier on the last day. I guess it just depends.

We have never participated in the organized classes, but some have been held in the same room as the cardio machines. I have seen spin classes and ab classes. They had a nice size turnout; however, my husband was going to try a spin class and went at the last minute -- not a single person there.

I've never been there when there was a time limit. If there was, I didn't know about it and I stick to less than 30 min. to one machine anyway. I'm sure people use the treadmills to do longer runs, especially if they have an upcoming race scheduled. Have fun!