past guests party?

adbnva

0n a 5 night cruise do they have the cocktail party? also, do they have lobster? on their everyday menu do they have escargot and French onion soup?

It is a yes to the past guest party & lobster.

I know we get the escargot & onion soup just not sure if it is just on the seven or more.

Char

0n a 5 night cruise do they have the cocktail party?

Yes.

also, do they have lobster?

Yes.

on their everyday menu do they have escargot and French onion soup?

No.

I did a 5 day on the Fascination last month.

Past guest party was the last night of the cruise.

Escargot was on the menu the first night I think. I seem to remember thinking it was strange that it was not on "formal" night.

Lobster was on "formal" night

Yes there was french onion soup on one of the nights but not everyday.

I think that when changes were made to the rewards program, the "past guest party" was changed to include just gold and higher VIFPs....?

They will put an invitation in the mailbox outside your cabin door.

What is served at the past guest party? Is there entertainment?

They play a film about all the ships in the fleet and recognize platinum and diamond sailors.

They serve a standard drink...I think the Fun Ship, but dollar bills talk. We had so many drinks brought to us at the party on the dream in March that we were giving them to the people around us. They will bring you whatever drink you want, just give them a dollar for each drink and you will have more than you hoped for.

At the Gold, Platinum and Diamond Party, there is a band that plays. Sometimes there is dancing, and sometimes they do a line dance or two. Then they show a film about how Carnival started, and at the end they go through the fleet of ships and ask you for clap for the ones you've been on. Cruise director says a few things and introduces the ships officers. That's about it.

There is a drink they pass out (Funship Special?), then for a second round it will be Yellow Bird. Also, they have a couple different hors d'eovres (sp?) that they serve. It's nice that they do this for the loyal customers, but the party only lasts 45 minutes ...and on the Fantasy it was only about 35 minutes. We still always have a good time.

Question..... I am Gold and my DD is Red- can she attend the past guest party with me ? We are sailing on the Elation in 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Shirley

I've heard both ways -- some ships seem to check your invites and your S&S cards and some not. Especially if you are sharing the cabin, it will more than likely be permitted.

They play a film about all the ships in the fleet and recognize platinum and diamond sailors.

They serve a standard drink...I think the Fun Ship, but dollar bills talk. We had so many drinks brought to us at the party on the dream in March that we were giving them to the people around us. They will bring you whatever drink you want, just give them a dollar for each drink and you will have more than you hoped for.

Kind of confused why you were paying????....we have NEVER paid for drinks at the Past Guest Party.....they are for free. Plus we have ordered whatever drink we wanted (Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, Pina Coladas etc) and never paid a penny.

Edited by buddylover

Kind of confused why you were paying????....we have NEVER paid for drinks at the Past Guest Party.....they are for free. Plus we have ordered whatever drink we wanted (Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, Pina Coladas etc) and never paid a penny.

I don't think the person you are questioning was paying for anything, they were slipping the servers tips and apparently getting drinks brought to them in quick succession.

Has anyone ever ordered something such as a martini? Can you ask for specific brands of alcohol at the party or are they limited in what they can give you?

I don't think the person you are questioning was paying for anything, they were slipping the servers tips and apparently getting drinks brought to them in quick succession.

Yes, I wasn't paying for anything. I was tipping for great service. Me and my wife were brought at least 15 drinks in one hour. I was drinking Crown and Coke and she was drinking Malibu and Pineapple. We had to give drinks away there were so many. They will bring you any drink you want after the first Fun Ship round.

By the way all the drinks were doubles.....easily over $100 worth of drinks for around $15 in tips.

Edited by Drumbum675