So excited

VASOXFANN

I sent away our guest list and other documents today. It feels great - like a big 'ol weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I already made it clear to everyone that I'm not going to be one of those "make 1000 changes" brides....if they're not on the list, they ain't coming! :eek:

In case anyone is curious, we have 41 guests and 16 are sailing (including us). I was kinda hoping we'd get married in the chapel, but with a last minute surge of RSVPs, I'm guessing it will be a lounge, which is fine.

We upgraded to a 3-tier cake, and the tiers will be red velvet with creme cheese filling (Mark's pick), marble with chocolate filling (my pick), and mixed vanilla and chocolate layers with strawberry filling (which we both thought would be cool - like neopolitan ice cream). I attached a pic of how I asked them to decorate the cake.

As for the hor d'oeuvres, we're pretty much sticking with the standard menu, except we requested that the prosciutto and melon canape be replaced with the titi shrimp salad with scallop cracher (thanks Carnival Brides :)) the stuffed egg canape be replaced with Spanish caviar, and the California sushi roll be replaced with the assorted sushi. The only change we requested for the hot items was to replace the chicken brochette with batter fried shrimp.

To tell you the truth, even though we made some special requests, I won't go nuts if the changes don't get made. All that matters is that Mark and I are finaly going to get married, and we couldn't be happier about that. :D

Our ship tour is this weekend, which will give me a chance to visualize everything. I'll try to get some pics of the venues to help out any future Pride brides!

untitled.jpg.83bb73135ced558a4ce8ecb1b751c7ca.jpg

Edited by VASOXFANN

Thanks all! I'll do a mini review after the tour, and definitely I'll do a review after the wedding and cruise :)

Awesome! Congratulations on everything!

I love the design you're going to have on your cake. Do they charge extra for that kind of thing?

We are paying $50 + tax extra for an extra tier, just because we didn't think it would look the same as a 2-tier. That's it. Carnival does squiggles standard on its cakes, so I just asked them to leave enough room to add a 1" ribbon, which we're bringing. We're also bringing our own topper.

I can not believe we are 36 days away. We turned in our final guest list on Thursday. Ended up with 32 guest and of that 12 are sailing. It totally feels like the home stretch now. everything is turned in. Just waiting now for the final call from them to make sure everything is scheduled. Can not believe how fast the time has flown in the year that we have been planning this.

I am looking forward to your tour review since I am not able to do one.

I am going to try to add a pic of how we want our cake. we to are doing a ribbon and adding some silver beading and flowers although our cake will have a topper not the flowers on top.

900x900px-LL-2fbe1058_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics210206a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to try to add a pic of how we want our cake. we to are doing a ribbon and adding some silver beading and flowers although our cake will have a topper not the flowers on top.

Beautiful cake Sarah! We are so close now!

We just received our license. It's really real now :eek::eek::eek:

License.jpg.9ca334cde8d326759455c6ca4ca13c73.jpg

Beautiful cake Sarah! We are so close now!

We just received our license. It's really real now :eek::eek::eek:

Vasoxfan,

So funny how are things all seem to line up. We also got our license done this morning. Funny how just looking at that piece of paper makes it so much more real. I think these next couple of weeks are going to fly by. or at least I hope.

I am a bit nervous about the photography packages..... I have seem so many people talk about the big upsell and it seems the prices are all over the place. To be honest we would really just like to have a DVD with the images on it released so we could do whatever we wanted with it. I wonder what the charge would be for just that???

Really that is the only thing I am worried about. The rest I am just going to go with the flow and be happy about marrying my best friend.