Which open-loop cruise

I’m looking at a couple of Carnival’s longer, open-loop cruises for January 2016, and wondering what itinerary people would think is better. Airfare doesn’t concern me right now—I did a quick search and while airfare can change drastically, right now it appears both multi-segment flights are similar in price. The ship doesn’t concern me much either, I’ve yet to meet a cruise ship I didn’t like, so I won’t mention the names, though they should be easy enough to figure out.

So I’m going by itinerary only. Ideally, I’d like to do both, but I could only do one per year with no idea of the same itinerary would continue to be offered after 2016….so rarity of the port could also come into play here, or the availability of the port on shorter cruises. And what about the ports in the itinerary would make you chose that one.

I’m only going to list the port stops that I haven’t been to, as this is what I’m most interested in. First itinerary includes Antigua and Dominica.

The second itinerary includes Bonaire, Grenada, and Martinique.

If you're asking which of those ports is better - Antigua has the best beaches by far! We've been to Dominica and Martinique and while they were OK - they did nothing for us. never been to Bonaire so can't comment on that.

Just my 2 cents!

Terry

I would have yo do Grenada. Haven't been there since the early 80's when I was in the military. That cruise doesn't come up often.

This is the one that I'm leaning towards myself, because I can't remember too many (any?) Carnival cruises to Grenada, so from the rarity factor, I think it rates high. But is it worth it? What sort of things are there to do there? We're not too much into water sports. Might do a party catamaran if there isn't much else, though.

I’m looking at a couple of Carnival’s longer, open-loop cruises for January 2016, and wondering what itinerary people would think is better. Airfare doesn’t concern me right now—I did a quick search and while airfare can change drastically, right now it appears both multi-segment flights are similar in price. The ship doesn’t concern me much either, I’ve yet to meet a cruise ship I didn’t like, so I won’t mention the names, though they should be easy enough to figure out.

So I’m going by itinerary only. Ideally, I’d like to do both, but I could only do one per year with no idea of the same itinerary would continue to be offered after 2016….so rarity of the port could also come into play here, or the availability of the port on shorter cruises. And what about the ports in the itinerary would make you chose that one.

I’m only going to list the port stops that I haven’t been to, as this is what I’m most interested in. First itinerary includes Antigua and Dominica.

The second itinerary includes Bonaire, Grenada, and Martinique.

Hands down, the Bonaire, Grenada and Martinique itinerary. CCL does not do this itinerary hardly EVER......we had to go to a competitors line to get those more exotic itineraries.

Edited by buddylover