Jewel inside HC cabin??

4boysnana

Happy travels,

I am going to change my reservation on the NCL Jewell and I wondered if anyone has had experience with the inside cabins? There isn't very many but they look huge. I looked through the cabin reviews with no luck. I was also looking at the sideways ocean views. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

4boysnana

• 3 weeks later...

The inside AC cabin on the NCL Jewel on deck 10 aft (behid) the rear elevators are indeed very large, and if you don't mind no porthole/balcony/view then I would highly recommend.

Our last NCL Jewel cruise, April-May transit of Panama Canal we tried one of the AC sideways cabins on deck 8. Ours was 8100 and we actually had at least a 50% view. It was about 20% larger than the usual sideways cabins.

Both staterooms above have 36" wide entry and bathroom doors...without the usual ship's thresholds. This makes them suitable for most wheelchairs and even a scooter. There is a complete 360 degree turning circle in the cabins.

We arranged our two cots (at 30" wide these aren't close to a twin's 39") in an L shape, one under the window and one against the far wall to allow for best use of space...the cabin steward will do this for you if you ask.

The light switches and temperature settings can be accessed from a seated position and the closet has a pull down cord making it much easier to hang your clothing, plus there are lots of nooks, crannies, shelves and drawers for your stuff.

The desk is the right height to wheel up to, and the small fridge (we always ask them to take the expensive little items inside out so we can use it) and room safe are also at a good level.

The bathrooms are large by NCL standards, the no threshold doorway is met by the no threshold shower. Instead they have drains all around it and a curtain to separate from the other areas. Sturdy grab bars around the raised toilet and the sink sacrifices extra storage to accommodate a WC. The shower also has a pull down slotted shower bench, rated for 350 pounds.

There is not much difference in price, deck 8 is very convenient to main dining room near aft elevator, O'Sheehan's (comfort food and bar), main activities on deck 7 and so on. Deck 10 aft is convenient to rear elevator down to MDR or up to Garden Buffet.

Here are some photos that will help show AC bathrooms in general and AC sideways cabin deck 8 in particular on this lovely ship. Hope that helps!

NCLJeweldeck8midshpacobstructedviewaccabinbathroom.jpg.0f95ea235642fe4e3a61195cdf7d158b.jpg

NCLhandicappedbathroomishugenothreshholdshowerisatrip.jpg.a0e320886aa42b5ceb7efcce56959601.jpg

NCLJewelcabin8100sidewaysACobstructedbutgoodviewanyway.jpg.fb1460027c8e195a8386dd291b3ebe67.jpg

NCLJeweldeck8ACsidewayscabin8100bestwaytopositionbedsformostspace.jpg.8ef349479dbac73d45236720c8e13e53.jpg

NCLJeweldeck8handicappedcabinADAdoorsandthresholdsgrabbarsinWC.jpg.7d5edc2544a8116dcfe2c8b0206b3b95.jpg

1263678030_NCLJewelcabin8100sidewaysobstructedAC20largerthanothersidewaysobs.greatbath.jpg.07a263653e3bdede89eff8053029ef27.jpg

Edited by kcfoxy