Add a Floater/Cheers Question

jlindemer

There are drinks at the Blue Iguana that are $7.50 (Refreshing frozens). It says you can add a floater shot for $2.00. This would make the drink $9.50...still under $10. Is this possible under Cheers? Or, would it count as two drinks and I would need to wait 5 minutes before getting the shot?

There are drinks at the Blue Iguana that are $7.50 (Refreshing frozens). It says you can add a floater shot for $2.00. This would make the drink $9.50...still under $10. Is this possible under Cheers? Or, would it count as two drinks and I would need to wait 5 minutes before getting the shot?

No, floaters are not allowed under the cheers program. Carnival has them listed as excluded from the program

Are you able to purchase it for the $2 when getting the drink with the Cheers program?

No. The only way around adding a floater to a drink you describe, is to wait 5 minutes and order the floater as a separate shot yourself. The shot goes against your 15/day limit.

No. The only way around adding a floater to a drink you describe, is to wait 5 minutes and order the floater as a separate shot yourself. The shot goes against your 15/day limit.

It may depend on the bartender, however I have on several occasions added a floater to my drink, they charged me for the floater. Also the rules for Cheers, now state that you may purchase a round of drinks for friends one drink will go on Cheers the others are a regular purchase.

I think as some have said it depends on the bartender. They can easily give you the first drink and hold off on running the floater as a second drink. A little chatting and extra tipping goes a long way and once I got to know a few of the bartenders on my last cruise they were pretty good about giving a second drink before 5 minutes and just holding your card and running it after 5 minutes.

If what they described isn't possible, I don't understand how some people advise you to, circumvent, if you will, your 15 a day drink limit with Cheers by buying your drinks once you hit 14 and using the 15th and final Cheers drink of the day as your last? :confused::confused::confused:

• 3 weeks later...
So two questions....

Shots are included then as part of cheers?

Can we upgrade to premium liquors if the drink remains under $10?

Yes to both. On the Dream last week they demanded that we not use Skyy vodka. :p

I was actually pondering this same dilemma. So can I order my drink on my Cheers program and then pay for my floater and get it 25% off?? If I were to add a floater to my drinks under the Cheers program I could ring up my 15 drinks pretty quickly.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!