MSC & military credit?

Graham_In_Brisneyland

From the MSC website:

In honor of the brave men and women who serve their country, MSC Cruises is proud to offer up to a 10% discount on select sailings to all retired and active U.S. & Canadian Military personnel, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and dependent children. Discounted rates are available to all retired and active Military personnel, including U.S. Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard, Army Reserve and Department of Defense personnel. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective company at the time of booking.

Same for civil servants. I wasn't aware until after booking, and upon asking an MSC Cruise Consultant I was advised to fax or email a copy of my ID to Reservations. A supervisor promptly replied that my discount had been applied.

The quote above is from MSC USA, but presumably (or at least hopefully!) the same offer is made on the other MSC websites for those who have served other countries. No OBC, but a discount on the fare. Check with your country's MSC site. For MSC USA, the military discount was NOT combinable with the MSC Club discount, but the military discount was a better deal so we used it. :)

Happy cruising!

Edited by Pluto_fan

From the MSC website:

In honor of the brave men and women who serve their country, MSC Cruises is proud to offer up to a 10% discount on select sailings to all retired and active U.S. & Canadian Military personnel, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and dependent children. Discounted rates are available to all retired and active Military personnel, including U.S. Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard, Army Reserve and Department of Defense personnel. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective company at the time of booking.

Same for civil servants. I wasn't aware until after booking, and upon asking an MSC Cruise Consultant I was advised to fax or email a copy of my ID to Reservations. A supervisor promptly replied that my discount had been applied.

Is this the same for British military personnel?

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the same for British military personnel?

Don't know - but I got this response from the Australian MSC people, on Facebook:

"We do offer a 5% discount for military off our prima cruise price, however our current earlybird offer supersedes this. We don’t offer onboard credit for military service at this stage unfortunately but we'll pass this onto the team for their feedback."

Since my earlybird price was almost exactly half the Prima price, I can't complain, but hey ... :-)

Interesting enough, I am a retired Canadian soldier with 30 years of Service. On the MSC Website for Canada, it mentions a Military Discount. However, since I am living in the Netherlands as my husband is here with NATO, I book through the Netherlands Office. I asked about the miliitary Discount and I was told that it is not available in the Netherlands. I was told I could contact the Canadian booking Office by phone, and book thru them instead. Sounds pretty stupid to me as it is all one Company. And all countries should be included regarding Military Service.