Cozumel - WINE at port - buying bottled wine in liqour store

HerK_Sunflower

We're doing back-to-back cruises in a couple weeks and are wanting to find a liquor store NEAR/AT the port to buy 2 more bottles of wine for embarkation day of our 2nd cruise.

I see online that the Carnival Fun Shops offer bottled wine, starting around $26/bottle - we're looking for less than that...I'll be a slight wine snot at home, but on vacation, I just want something affordable that we can both relax and enjoy.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!!!

Edited by HerK_Sunflower

We're doing back-to-back cruises in a couple weeks and are wanting to find a liquor store NEAR/AT the port to buy 2 more bottles of wine for embarkation day of our 2nd cruise.

I see online that the Carnival Fun Shops offer bottled wine, starting around $26/bottle - we're looking for less than that...I'll be a slight wine snot at home, but on vacation, I just want something affordable that we can both relax and enjoy.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!!!

there is a large liquor/wine store at Melgar & Calle 11th named La Europea, (is almost next to MEGA supermarket) check their wines, the brand VINO BLANCO CHARDONNAY UNDURRAGA 750 ML (CHILE) is about USD $9.00, and there are more brands, just take note that prices on their web are in pesos

VINO means Wine

here is the link to their website:

https://www.laeuropea.com.mx/productos.asp?idcat=VINO

Edited by Kletina
yes

Hi OP;

Here is what I think you are doing?

If you buy/bring wine on the ship at any port that is not embarkation; the cruiseline will take if from you, but return it the night before the last day on board. You will then have two bottles ready for your next voyage.

Is this correct? Can you please expand with any other thoughts you might have?

Thank you,

scanditaly

Carnival will let you bring a bottle of wine on during your initial embarkation (maybe you can bring for both cruises if you do b2b? I don't know) but they do collect any alcohol, including wine, brought on at various ports. Unless you manage to sneak it pass the scanners- you can't buy wine in Cozumel to bring back to enjoy on the ship. It will be returned to you at the end of your cruise (again- maybe you get it back and can have it for the second cruise, but if they have their act together, you wouldn't get it back until after the second one.)