Summit - I photographed all the menus

Stan_Cooper

I'm a total newb on here. I used cruisecritic forums a lot to help plan our recent sailing aboard the Summit, and I thought I'd give back to the community.

I have almost all the menus we came across onboard, as well as all the daily schedules (yet to be scanned in).

Maybe one of the veterans could suggest what the best way to post these would be?

I think someone will come to your aid soon. I have never posted pics here but know there are members who are on Summit cruises coming up fairly quickly who have.

This will bump post up to top again and hopefully helpful person(s) will reply. I am sure many would like to view menus before boarding.

Trusting you enjoyed your trip to Bermuda and the Summit. If you got there around 10:30, did you have to wait long to board?

I'm a total newb on here. I used cruisecritic forums a lot to help plan our recent sailing aboard the Summit, and I thought I'd give back to the community.

I have almost all the menus we came across onboard, as well as all the daily schedules (yet to be scanned in).

Maybe one of the veterans could suggest what the best way to post these would be?

You should be able to copy and paste your pictures from the photo viewer on your computer into the message box. This usually turns out best because they are nice and big so people can read them. Another option would be to upload your pictures to a photo sharing site and post the link.

It takes a little bit of work to figure out how to put photos or file attachments into posts but it really isn't too hard and once you figure it out it is a snap! There are two basic ways:

(1) You can attach the file or photo as an attachment to a post, or

(2) You can upload the file or photo to a file or photo sharing website and then provide a link in a post to the file or photo, or put the image of photo into the post.

Most of the posts that you see with a photo in them on these boards have the photo saved on a photo sharing site such as flicker, photobucket or smugmug just to name a few. This works a lot better than attaching a photo to a post as the attachment photos often display only as small thumbnails rather than nice easy to see or read photos.

There are at least two sets of instructions on how to do this on this board. You can look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1234944 or here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

There are also a lot of people who have posted general instructions, and even youtube videos, showing how to do this. You can find some of these through Google searches such as "post photo on forum" or "post photo on Vbulletin" (Vbulletin is the software that Cruise critic uses to run the forums)

It takes a little bit of work to figure out how to put photos or file attachments into posts but it really isn't too hard and once you figure it out it is a snap! There are two basic ways:

(1) You can attach the file or photo as an attachment to a post, or

(2) You can upload the file or photo to a file or photo sharing website and then provide a link in a post to the file or photo, or put the image of photo into the post.

Most of the posts that you see with a photo in them on these boards have the photo saved on a photo sharing site such as flicker, photobucket or smugmug just to name a few. This works a lot better than attaching a photo to a post as the attachment photos often display only as small thumbnails rather than nice easy to see or read photos.

There are at least two sets of instructions on how to do this on this board. You can look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1234944 or here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

There are also a lot of people who have posted general instructions, and even youtube videos, showing how to do this. You can find some of these through Google searches such as "post photo on forum" or "post photo on Vbulletin" (Vbulletin is the software that Cruise critic uses to run the forums)

Very good advice for the Novice Photo Poster. Personally I dislike the thumbnail method much to small to view. My vote goes for a paid Smug Mug account.

Regards,

Kevin Reid