Are Low Carb Items Still on The Menu?

Rowan555

Hi Rowan. You've been absent from the boards for awhile. Going on another cruise? Congrats on that tremendous weight loss, girl!:) As far as I know, the low carb items are still available....haven't heard anybody say anything differently.

Thanks for the replies - you've made my day ;-) When we cruised in January I came home 2 pounds heavier and was back to "normal" within 2 days of returning home. I'd love to repeat that scenario when we cruise next month.

Cotton - I really have to stay AWAY from this board when I don't have a cruise coming up - it's too easy to get fixated on cruising and have my head in the clouds, and I need to focus on day to day life instead. We have a cruise on the Sensation in September, and then again in January. I love the Sensation as much as you love the Holiday, I think :-)

We celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary this week, btw - Greg made reservations at a very nice restaurant in the Quarter, but I asked him to cancel so we could go to Gumbo Shop instead! He reserved a room at Place D'Armes, which happens to be two blocks from my favorite nightclub, so we had a wonderful night after our delicious dinner - it was a blast! Now I'm really looking forward to 5 more fun days on the Sensation!!!

Rowan-

The dining room even has low carb bread available upon request.... If they don't know in advance that you'll want it nightly, it could come out a little frozen in the middle though... Congrats on the huge loss!!!!

Rowan- Congrats on your weight loss!

Which sailing are you on in September? My first time on the Sensation will be the 24th...Girls Week Off! :) I am glad you love the Sensation as much as Cotton loves the Holiday...that is really saying something!

We just upgraded to a cat 12, for only 33.00 a person...my first "suite". Hope its nice.

Any comments on the Sensation are appreciated! I just love thinking about it! :)

beva: I am very sorry for you! We were upgraded to a category 12 on our first and only cruise in July....and now it has spoiled us for any onther type of cabin. I know lots of people say they would never book a suite becasue they are just not in their cabin enough. However, DH and I LOVED ours! We were up at the crack of dawn sipping coffee and tea and watching the sun rise and the sea roll by, viewing the pilot boat coming to the ship, or seeing the marching band that greeted us in port. At night we had the door open and listened to the waves, looked at the stars, and enjoyed the quiet! It was amazing! Have a wonderful time and enjoy all that room (walk in closet, large bathroom with whirlpool, separate sitting area and large sleeping area!).:)

momof4boys---I am afraid, very afraid, I will like this waaaay too much. I cannot WAIT to see it! However, the pictures I have found with pink and purple swirled carpet look like they are in need of some SERIOUS re-decorating. :) What were they thinking????????

In January there were low carb selections on the dinner menu each night - have they gotten rid of this option, or is it still available? I've lost 60 pounds since last April and don't want any of it back ;-)

Low carb selections were available this past week on the Glory also!

I am glad to hear this... and I hope they continue!

Last year, I had lost 80lbs low carb... and stuck to my LC diet on the Triumph. I asked for the LC Rolls the first night, and each night after, there were two on my plate waiting for me. (That was heaven after 6mths of NO bread at all!).

But... in retrospect, I should have eaten everything in sight, since I got pregnant on that cruise and gained it all back!

Well..... 6mths after having my baby, I am back on strict LC, and 25 lbs to go.... I hope by my November cruise that I will be at goal - but if not, its good to know the LC menu is still there!

Catrin

This reminded me of when we were on the Triumph in April. 2 of the lady's with us asked for the low carb bread when bread was being brought out.. The guys we ordered 2 entree's but when desert came around both women ordered 2 deserts.. I just started to laugh out loud.. When they asked what I was laughing at I had to mention the low carb bread they both ordered at dinner.. Even the waiter was starting to laugh..

Just had to share my story.. They still have low carb stuff!!!!

Congrads on the weight loss Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

But, were the desserts the 2 ladies ordered "sugar free?" All the sugar free items on the Carnival dessert listing are Low Carb as well... No, you shouldn't eat 2 each- that defeats the purpose :) Sounds like me when I'm bad eating 1/2 a pizza with a diet drink ;)

Archived