April 25/16 cruise to Asia?

Buddy2004

We have cruised with Princess 3 times. But we are looking at booking this cruise. I know it is a long way away but any one give us any advice for or against this cruise? This will be the longest we will be on a cruise ship and the most expensive cruise we will have taken. Not including the flights.

My TA says April and May is a good time to see this part of the world.

:)

We have cruised with Princess 3 times. But we are looking at booking this cruise. I know it is a long way away but any one give us any advice for or against this cruise? This will be the longest we will be on a cruise ship and the most expensive cruise we will have taken. Not including the flights.

My TA says April and May is a good time to see this part of the world.

:)

Weatherwise is good. We did a Sydney -Beijing Princess cruise around this time in 2013(with a land tour add-on). I'd be keen to see your itinerary.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Weatherwise is good. We did a Sydney -Beijing Princess cruise around this time in 2013(with a land tour add-on). I'd be keen to see your itinerary.

Did you have a chance yet to look at itinerary? What do you think?

We did the Grand Asia tour in April of 2013. The weather was good for most of it. We stayed in Beijing for 5 days pre-cruise and there was alot of smog. Weather in most of the other ports was good except Bangkok, which is always hot. It was a fascinating part of the world to see, but I don't know how it is on the Diamond now that they are marketing that ship to the locals. I have read many changes, like no anytime dining, which I loved on the Diamond because of the different dining rooms. Is Singapore on your itinerary? Singapore, Busan and Hong Kong were our favorites.

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Grand Asia tour in April of 2013. The weather was good for most of it. We stayed in Beijing for 5 days pre-cruise and there was alot of smog. Weather in most of the other ports was good except Bangkok, which is always hot. It was a fascinating part of the world to see, but I don't know how it is on the Diamond now that they are marketing that ship to the locals. I have read many changes, like no anytime dining, which I loved on the Diamond because of the different dining rooms. Is Singapore on your itinerary? Singapore, Busan and Hong Kong were our favorites.

Did you take a ship tour or a private tour into Bangkok? We Have been on the Diamond before and loved it. Yes, Singapore is on the Itinerary.:)

Our tour ended in Bangkok, and a nice lady we met on the roll call arranged for reasonable group transport back to the city. We had some hotel points and spent a few days on our own in Bangkok. The Grand Palace is a must-see. Another couple we met on the ship rented a long boat to cruise the canals and invited us along, it was a good way to see some things because it was so hot. We also took public transit to the Dusit zoo which was interesting, large (monitor?) lizards walking around free and swimming in the ponds. Lots of great things to see in Bangkok, but Grand Palace is #1.