Help! from Pier 30 to Old Quebec?

When docked at pier 30 in Quebec how do you get from the ship out to the main area, like City Market to catch a bus? Several in our group have issues with waling long distances. Is there a shuttle or taxis close to where we get off the ship?

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a cab - here's a link to the port website with a map and another with a Google walking map to Chateau Frontenac (this is at the front of the Upper Town and what most people consider the heart of the touristy/old part of the city). It's almost exactly a mile depending on which route you take.

L'ecolobus, which goes around most of the downtown sights, has a stop within c. 600 yards of the wharf - map here (in English). For other buses, just select routes from the dropdown menus.

If anyone in your group can't manage about a half-mile walk in one go, or has difficulty with steps or cobbles, I suggest looking into excursions rather than going it alone. There are a few pretty steep streets and lots of cobbles, the footing can get a bit slippery especially if it's raining.

Thank you so much for your reply. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share. We are taking excursions through the ship for most of the ports, however in Quebec, we are thinking about taking the Hop On - Hop Off bus to see more of the city. I was told by the company that we could get on the bus at the Museum of Civilization but I wasn't sure how to get everyone over there. Your maps were a great help as I also see we can catch the 21 bus at City Market, but again I was unsure as to how some will get from the Ship to either of those areas. If there are taxis where we get off the ship then if they don't think they can do the walk they can take the taxi out.

The Écolobus (21) is a far better bet than the hop-on hop-off bus. First, it is much cheaper ($2 vs $35) and if you stay on for the whole circuit it will give you a good overview of the old city, including routes within the walls where the HOHO bus can't go. The electric mini-buses now used will be replaced by larger, so-called "midi-buses" starting next year.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We boarded the NCL Dawn last September and it was docked at Pier 30. There was complimentary shuttle which ran between the ship and the Museum of Civilization. I didn't take so I don't know how long it took.