Wedding cost

sharp78

I have been looking at a carnival cruise wedding, but am so confused at should I do a ship wedding or an island wedding, how do get people to go with you and what is the total cost of the wedding. Any information will be a great help.

It's hard to answer your question without knowing exactly what you want. Every wedding is different, even cruise weddings, so it's impossible to give you a total cost.

My wedding is a month away, and I'm still buying little stuff :rolleyes: And the cost of the pictures won't even be added until after the wedding :eek:

It also depends on what time of the year you will be cruising, as your cruise cost is on top of the wedding cost. :( Plus there are extra fees for summer, the holidays, etc.

I know I'm not being very helpful, but this should at least get you started...

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Weddingspricelistpdf.ashx

Our budget was $10,000 but that included our wedding clothes, cruises for 6 people, flights for his daughter and SIL from Illinois to California, 3 days in Long Beach before the wedding, wedding rings, marriage license, excursions and the way too many wedding pictures we bought. We actually spent totally just slightly over $9,000.

Oh that also includes the weekend we drove down to Long Beach for our tour as well, that was hotel and food for 2 days.

And the OOT bags and wedding favors we put together.

It also included the invites and postage.

It did not include flowers because my daughter is a floral design teacher and she did the flowers as a wedding gift to us.

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride
Because I forgot stuff

we had a full blown wedding on St. Thomas and probably clocked in just shy of 14k after including dresses (we bought bridesmaid dresses and of course my dress), extras like flowers, custom table clothes, favors, OOT bags. We had a ceremony on Magen's Bay beach and a full 4 1/2 hour reception at a gorgeous villa (including cocktail hour), the best three course meal I have ever had, and an upgraded photographer.

This did not include any costs of actually traveling on the ship. We had 32 people who all decided to go and celebrate with us. Most of our guests saw this as an opportunity for a vacation where one day was fully planned for them. And that day was fully planned: off the ship a half an hour after docking and on about 45 minutes before leaving.

We still were under what we would have spent if we had a big wedding at home. And I wouldn't give up that experience for anything.