Woo! Just submitted my first price drop form!

cruisinbabs

I've already paid mine in full and the final payment was due in a couple days. I called them to see how i was booked and she said i was booked as a past guest not early saver. She said that if the price dropped before i cruise that i would have an on board credit. Has that happened to others? i am not expecting a discount i just want to make sure i get it if its available.

I filled out the online form once and received a small OBC. How do you compare the prices with what you paid? Is it just the base price you paid? Also, when looking at current prices can you compare to ANY offers? Ie they pick your cabin or "fun saver" prices?

Thanks in advance!

Renee- you can go to carnivals page and search for fare viewer. Or google it too. It shows you the cruise rate price before port charges and taxes. If you book under the early saver rate the first time you have price protection And can change to any other offer at any time [emoji1]

copied over to the "true" Woo thread... :)

Do a mock booking like you did to purchase your cruise. When you get to the point right before you have to pay, compare the total price with what you paid. If the price is lower, you may be eligible for a price drop depending on how you purchased your cruise initially. If ES, then you have up to 2 business days prior to your cruise. All others are up to final payment date.

Renee- you can go to carnivals page and search for fare viewer. Or google it too. It shows you the cruise rate price before port charges and taxes. If you book under the early saver rate the first time you have price protection And can change to any other offer at any time [emoji1]

One thing to remember when using fareviewer is that you need to add in the fees/taxes. If they go up and you request a price drop, you will have to pay the current rate. And in some cases, if the fees/taxes go up a lot, you may not have a price drop at all.