Who has sailed the Prinsendam?

libno

The Prinsendam is our favorite ship!:)

We sailed on her to the Amazon for 25 days in 2006 & again for 68 days around South America into Antarctica, & the Amazon again in 2013..

We had an outside cabin midship & the crew was exceptional! Realize the Prinsendam is not for everyone, especially those who like to constantly be doing something, but for us it was perfect! On cold days we spent lots of time either in the Library close to Explorers lounge or the Crow's Nest..

She reminds me of an elegant old European Hotel & IMO was very well kept! We would love to sail on her again!

BTW on our cruise they only had fixed seating..

Edited by serendipity1499

for you and the OP, internet permitting, I will be doing a live thread from the P'dam if that is of any help. I usually have a few comments on the ship's condition. I'm hoping it was as last year. fingers crossed:D

I shall look forward to it and thank you for taking the time to do a "live" report.

We don't fall into the category of people needing to do something all the time, There are a few things we enjoy like cooking shows, culinary presentations. On the Prinsendam the culinary host was so boring and monotone that only a handful of people stayed until the end. We went to a few standard activities and IMO they were pretty dull and forgettable compared to other HAL ships and they did not compare to other cruise line efforts to entertain. I say this because I am always reading how exceptional the Prinsendam crew is.

I was very surprised at the varied responses and very much appreciate everyone's opinions. Yes, to date we have only cruise the mega ships (19 times!) which is why I was wondering how I would feel about a smaller ship. I will read the reviews quoted in some of your replies. I also very much appreciate and look forward to reading the "live" reports/reviews. I too, am on this ship for the variety of ports that the big ships cannot touch, so in that sense, I will have achieved what I have set out to do .... see "new" caribbean ports;)

Thanks again everyone,

marise