Quick (and possibly silly) question!

HammerTownGal

Not only are the wake-up calls reliable but you can use the room service as an alarm. We always use them to wake us up with coffee and croissants. They've never been late, in fact they're usually a little early.
I agree that the ship's wakeup calls are extremely reliable.

I even set them as reminder calls in the middle of the day when I may get sidetracked with something I am doing in the cabin and forget about an activity I want to attend, or if taking a nap.

For those who are accustomed to setting a snooze alarm, just set 2 wakeup calls about 10 or 15 minutes apart. Then for those of us who are sleepyheads in the morning, we additionally have the breakfast room service call as our 3rd wakeup call.

As for having a clock in the room that is visible from the bed, if you don't like to roll over to look at the time on the telephone, just keep the remote control for the TV next to your bed. Then you can lie there in bed and click on the TV channel that displays the current date and time.

Some passengers like to leave the TV clock displayed in their cabin all the time, when they are not using the TV to watch something else.

That way, when traveling between time zones there is none of the uncertainly that we have if we rely on our own phone or ipad or clock or watch, where there is always that concern about whether or not the time displayed on the device is actually the correct current ship time.

As previously stated, our concern is not with knowing the correct time when we are on the ship, but making sure that we keep track of time and stay in sync with ship time when we are off the ship.

Edited by fleckle

Greetings

Without my contacts I can never see those tiny clock readings on the house phones so I went to WalMart and got an alarm that is battery powered and has BIG numerals. The clock is about 5 X 7 inches but is fairly thin so it takes very little room in the luggage. And it was only $12. Been running over 3 years now on the same set of AA batteries.

Good Sailing

Tom