sky suite vs. concierge class

cruisingsaw

This will be my 2nd X ship. I was on the Zenith back in 1999. I am planning to go on the Constellation and was wondering what the differences were between sky suite and concierge class. I saw what each gets, do suite guest get concierge class benefits too.

Thanks for your help

Do you mean to tell me that if I book a Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite or higher on a Millenium Class X ship, I can't expect CC amenities?

I don't think so?! On our last CC cruise on the Connie, we watched butlers delivering afternoon tea every day to the Sky Suites.

I believe that CC or higher gives you the same welcome champagne, flowers, fresh fruit in your suite each day, pillow menu, canapes each night, etc. The only thing that Celebrity's Sky Suites and above offer that CC doesn't is the European-style butler, and afternoon tea in your suite, according to Celebrity's brochures, (unless there has been some kind of recent change about which I am not aware)...I think you have this reversed, i.e., you should not expect the same Suite (no pun intended) service in CC!

I'd certainly appreciate knowing if there has been such a change, since we're booked in a Celebrity Suite for a 3 week cruise, and I expect all of these things! :eek:

Sincerely,

B.J.

I wish i knew how to direct you to my earlier post dealing with just this issue...I just went through this with X and after speaking to numerous people at X I still dont know the answer to this question. The senior customer service person I spoke with was quite adamant that suites do NOT get the cc amenities contrary to what the other reps as X told me. Everyone I spoke to gave me a different answer and I eneded up feeling rather frustrated. We ended up booking a sky suite because we wanted the space but quite frankly Im not expecting the CC amenities based on what I found out.

If you look at the Celebrity website it will tell you exactly what you get in a suite and what you get in CC. You don't get both and there are some differences. For example the pillow menu and flower are not included in the suite amenities. Butler service and afternoon tea are not included in CC. There are other differences as well. Just read the lists on the website. Why would you expect CC amenities in a suite and vice-versa? There is no change...it has always been the same.

Sometimes flowers are sent to frequent travelers as well.

KIty....the afternoon tea service is part of the suite amenity list so thats prob. why you saw it..canapes are also part of the suite amenity list..the things that I specifically asked about that are cc amenites were the expanded room service breakfast menu(told no by 2 and yes by 1), pillow menu(yes by 3 and no by 1 ), flowers(no by2 and yes by 2), pillowtop mattress as in CC(a definite not yet by 3 out of 4)...lol when I expressed my frustration to the "senior" guy that it didnt seem logical, he suggested that he thought the CC amenities were better except for the butler

MaBell

Sorry but i dont agree with you on the part of why one would expect the CC amenities in a suite....it seems to me that the suite categories should have the top amenities since you are paying the highest prices...why should someone in a less expensive category(cc) be getting more amenities than the SS, celebrity suite, royal, penthouse etc??

I guess it depends what you think the top amenities are. The suites receive other things that CC doesn't. The butler does lots of little things that room stewards don't. For example they will serve you a full meal in your suite course by course. Therefore you don't need the expanded CC breakfast menu because they will serve you anything on the menu.

Cancelling a cruise because you think the CC amenities are better is really foolish. They aren't. If you have a good butler he will do almost anything within reason. I assume the cabin must have something to do with your choice as well.

You cabin is considerably larger than a CC cabin.

Here is where i do agree with Ma Bell Kity, you should look at the 2 amenity lists, then make your decision after that..is the cabin itself a big selling point for you?? It was for us and thats why we deposited on the SS for 2007(but we're still waiting for the Radisson, Silversea and Holland America panama canal itinerary's to come out to make our final decision(we wont take Seabourn because they dont have decent balconies, and I wont pay Crystal prices for fixed seating ).Good luck if you try to get a straight answer from X on this directly though...I had read about all the confusion re:this issue on these bds, and thats why I called them in the first place...they unfortunately prolonged my confusion.

Ma Bell....are you sure about the breakfast issue...I ask because the guy I spoke with at celebrity was quite confident that although you could order anything you wish for dinner and the butler would serve it course by course, that suites were limited to the breakfast menu provided and that menu which Ive seen is not as extensive as the cc menu...I hope you're right :)

I've got a call in to my travel agent and I've asked her to get a definitive answer next week from Celebrity. Let's see what they say to her! What a cockamamie backwards policy on their part if it's so! :rolleyes:

MaBell

Sorry but i dont agree with you on the part of why one would expect the CC amenities in a suite....it seems to me that the suite categories should have the top amenities since you are paying the highest prices...why should someone in a less expensive category(cc) be getting more amenities than the SS, celebrity suite, royal, penthouse etc??

Well, you are getting the much larger suite which also has many more amenities (features) not found in CC cabins.

I suppose you could just purchase some of the amenities that you would like and are not getting. They really are not that expensive.

Or, just book the CC cabin. It's less expensive, as you stated.

Celebrity seems to have made their decision to give these amenities to CC and not to Suites.

Now our decision is to decide which we want to pay for.

I'm sure if you asked the butler for a different pillow he would bring one and as far as flowers go if you don't get them they sell them on board for about $40. We stayed once in the Penthouse Suite and received flowers from the hotel manager and the chief housekeeper. Then we got some from the Captain's Club as well. It really wouldn't matter to me if I had to buy my own.

If you are a person who makes use of the butler, you will feel really pampered. Some people have them unpack for them. They don't do that in CC. I'm pretty low maintenance, so any extras are appreciated, but not really necessary for me.

We've stayed in every accommodation except an inside room and the thing that you are really paying for is your cabin and location on the ship. The service is great everywhere and the little extras are just that...small things.

Ma Bell....are you sure about the breakfast issue...I ask because the guy I spoke with at celebrity was quite confident that although you could order anything you wish for dinner and the butler would serve it course by course, that suites were limited to the breakfast menu provided and that menu which Ive seen is not as extensive as the cc menu...I hope you're right :)

You know, I may be wrong about breakfast being served course by course. I am sure if someone in a suite asked for something specific for breakfast, they would get it. Just write it in.

I've got a call in to my travel agent and I've asked her to get a definitive answer next week from Celebrity. Let's see what they say to her! What a cockamamie backwards policy on their part if it's so! :rolleyes:

There is a definitive answer right there on the website. There are more services offered to suite passengers than to CC..just take a look. What exactly is it that you think you will be missing that you want? I really don't see that it's backwards at all. Just different things offered in different categories. Suites already have upgraded bathroom fixtures and there are no bathtubs in the other cabins.

I really think you will be delighted with your suite experience and I wouldn't spend one second worrying about what anyone else has. However if you are really that concerned about something like this maybe you won't be happy about anything and should cancel. It would be a shame if you spent your time worrying about this and feeling you were not getting your money's worth.

I don't even know what's on the "regular breakfast menu" to know if we'd like it or not (lol)! I do know that on our British Isles/Fjords cruise in 2003, in our CC Stateroom, we enjoyed breakfast on our terrace almost every morning, and there was quite a choice on the menu. We were looking forward to breakfasting by those gorgeous floor to ceiling windows in the mornings on this cruise, and we generally go to the restaurant for dinner, so butler service for dinner would not be needed by us.

Actually, we found that the butlers on these ships really don't do anything more than the room stewards, and are nothing more than glorified room stewards, i.e., we just returned from a month-long Mediterranean Cruise on the QM2 in a Q5 suite and in our opinion, the butlers did no more than the room stewards on any other ship on which we've traveled.

Our booking this suite was strictly a matter of the extra space and the anticipated CC amenities that we thought we were going to receive (lol)!

Surprise, surprise! :rolleyes:

B.J.

It would be a shame if you spent your time worrying about this and feeling you were not getting your money's worth.

You're so right, Ma! That's why I'm glad to have this board to find out things like this in advance so there are no surprises when boarding! :)

B.J.

There is a definitive answer right there on the website. There are more services offered to suite passengers than to CC..just take a look.

I'm at their website but cannot find the page to which you refer, Ma...can you send a direct link?

Many thanx,

B.J.

All I could find at the site was a blurb that they'll serve you Continental Breakfast en suite, that's it! They don't say where "full breakfast" is served, en suite or in the dining room....(?) Quote below:

"Morning meals include Continental breakfast served, on request, in your stateroom between 6:30am and 10:00am. Full breakfast is served between 7:30am and 10:00am."

:confused:

B.J.

The subject of suites not receiving the CC amenities in addition to the suite amenities has been discussed at length on this forum and if you do a search you'll find lots of information posted.

Before we sailed, we had been reading that on this board that suites were going to start receiving the CC amenities too, or that you could just ask your butler for them, but we didn't find that the case in we were in a Royal Suite on the Millie in April. Most of the comments posted since that time indicate this is still not the case.

When we sailed on the Millie in April in a Royal Suite, we did NOT get the CC cabin amenities in addition to the suite amenities. The only flowers were a dried flower arrangement on one of the glasss enclosed shelves. I asked our butler about fresh flowers and he told me that only the Penthouse got fresh flowers. When I pointed out that CC cabins also got fresh flowers, he basically pooh-poohed that and said they were only a bud in a vase and not very nice. We tried to get the pillow menu and couldn't get that either. I managed to get the room steward to get one of the memory pillows, but she made a big deal of having to ask housekeeping mgt for permission and would only give us one. The CC room service menu wasn't in the room. I didn't bother to ask for it because after the other things, I expected to be told that suites didn't get that either. While I enjoyed the cruise and the Royal Suite was lovely, I was very surprised that the suites didn't receive some of the nice amenities that the CC cabins did, not only because of the information from the boards, but also because it didn't make sense as generally amenities at a higher level are in addition to those at the lower level, not different.

We did have a full breakfast every day in the room and once lunch, but breakfast and lunch are not served course by course, only dinner. We had dinner once in the room also.

The primary menu item that CC cabins have on the breakfast menu that suites don't is the smoothies. You can purchase these in the Aqua Spa. I assume that if you ordered a smoothie for breakfast when you are in a suite, you would receive it, but you would be charged, since this is an item for which there is ordinarily a charge and none of the information in the suite or on the Celebrity website indicated it was included at no charge. The information in the suite does say that you can receive lattes, cappuccinos, and expressos at no charge.

When you go to the Celebrity website click on Plan Your Cruise then Ships then Constellation. There you will click on Staterooms and all the types of staterooms will come up. As you click on each kind it will describe the cabin and amenities that come with each. I really think you will be happy with what you see.:)

Archived